Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

We are back three mornings and have 13 children.  They are so happy to be back, no tears no reluctance at all and have just picked up friendships straight away.  We now just need to get self care skills, manners and tidying up skills back on track!  We are going back to full opening hours on the 8th March.  Have a good day everyone, the sun is shining here in Cornwall and looks set to be a beautiful day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

well we've been back for 4 days and we are closed ! Child tested positive on wednesday they had been in for the previous 2 days.....so now all 5 staff and 22 children are in isolation for 10 days ! 🙄

Oh crumbs!  I hope the fallout is minimal.   Thinking about you. X

• Like 1

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

well we've been back for 4 days and we are closed ! Child tested positive on wednesday they had been in for the previous 2 days.....so now all 5 staff and 22 children are in isolation for 10 days ! 🙄

Oh no fm - I am so, so sorry to read this - sending love and positive vibes to you xxx

• Like 1

I have news!

We are going to reopen next week - just Tuesdays and Thursdays - as you know I couldn't get any funding for this half-term as I was such a rebel and wouldn't open in January, however, I have some funded sessions 'in hand' as we closed earlier than expected in December, tis has enabled me to offer six sessions without charge to parents before Easter - all very keen to take this up and I will be delighted to return

Nothing yet re funding after Easter so not sure yet what is going to happen then......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Oh no. Hope everyone is ok, thinking of you all. Xx

• Like 1

5 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Worrying :(  How are infection rates in your area?   We have gone from one of the highest to one of the lowest, which is good.

However what I have just witnessed now is unbelievable 😭. We are set in a park, leave work - the play area is full to bursting with children and parents, picnics out..... the whole park is full of middle age upwards all greeting each other with hugs etc.   We have come so far, why couldn't people control themselves for a few more weeks!

Sun's come out- the brains have been put away!

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I have news!

We are going to reopen next week - just Tuesdays and Thursdays - as you know I couldn't get any funding for this half-term as I was such a rebel and wouldn't open in January, however, I have some funded sessions 'in hand' as we closed earlier than expected in December, tis has enabled me to offer six sessions without charge to parents before Easter - all very keen to take this up and I will be delighted to return

Nothing yet re funding after Easter so not sure yet what is going to happen then......

Wow, that's good news 😁  I've been worried about you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I have news!

Ahh well done Sunnyday.   I was wondering whether you could enter negotiations with tricky out KCC!   I think you have a strong case for help from them - don't let them off the hook.😂💪

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Panders said:

Ahh well done Sunnyday.   I was wondering whether you could enter negotiations with tricky out KCC!   I think you have a strong case for help from them - don't let them off the hook.😂💪

I won't be letting them off the hook - I intend to kick up a real stink if necessary

BTW - I don't mean 'next week' - I mean week beginning 8th March - I was getting ahead of myself there

• Like 1

Oh actually I have more news - I have found someone to take on my lovely pre-school from September - well she found me - anyway I am very happy so far, really feel that I am passing it on to a safe pair of hands - I would have just hated our village to just lose provision

• Like 9

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I have news!

Ooh.  Are you going back in too, or are the girls going to run it? 

53 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh actually I have more news - I have found someone to take on my lovely pre-school from September - well she found me - anyway I am very happy so far, really feel that I am passing it on to a safe pair of hands - I would have just hated our village to just lose provision

Well that’s really brilliant news! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Really pleased to hear that. I hope that helps ease your heart and mind.

Crazy busy day today. I had to give up and not do PE this afternoon - just couldn’t fit everything in.

I have a little boy who I am really concerned about at the moment - just won’t eat school dinner. I have tried everything. He has significant communication issues. I have asked mum to send a packed lunch in as a backup which has happened a couple of times but has had a mixed impact. She is checking the menus and tells me he likes what is there but he just refuses. Today all I could get him to eat was half an apple. If anyone can point me in the direction of some useful reading please do.

However, the weekend will involve the TDL (mostly IEP writing this week), sock knitting and cake making.

Edited by Froglet

On 26/02/2021 at 18:35, Froglet said:

I have a little boy who I am really concerned about at the moment - just won’t eat school dinner. I have tried everything. He has significant communication issues. I have asked mum to send a packed lunch in as a backup which has happened a couple of times but has had a mixed impact. She is checking the menus and tells me he likes what is there but he just refuses. Today all I could get him to eat was half an apple. If anyone can point me in the direction of some useful reading please do.

Don't have any reading that I can point you towards, but I remember having a similar situation with a child in my class once. We decided in the end that the child was not going to be harmed by not eating for the day, but being 'forced' to eat (and I don't mean literally!) might cause more stress which can lead on to other long term issues, especially around eating.

I think once the pressure was off, and people weren't worried about whether the child was eating, they then started eating with the other children! We did expect them to come and join the other children at lunch time, listening to the story etc, but if they didn't want their food, they didn't have to get it. This was also all done with the relative's permission of course! 

• Like 3

That’s reminded me that we had a little boy who downright refused to eat his lunch.   We requested that he still sat at the table and I would sit close by.  We’d all just chat and then once when I was eating a satsuma, I asked one of the children (who I knew would say ‘yes’) if they wanted a bit, and when she took it I just casually asked him if he wanted a bit as well, which he did.   He had a couple of pieces, then I noticed that he had a satsuma as well, so I asked him if I could ‘pinch’ a few bits of his.  He said I could, and I peeled it and broke it into segments, which I put between us, and he ate the lot.   So after that, one of us would share our sandwich and then ‘share’ his.  (With Mum’s permission of course).  This was just after he had a new brother, and probably just a kick-back.  Mum was at the end of her tether as he wasn’t eating at home.  He didn’t stay for lunch with us normally until she said she was having problems.  I hoped that sitting with his friends would help, but it didn’t, for a few days, until the satsuma.  
Once we ‘d got him eating at preschool, Mum made it so she would put the baby down for a sleep and out of the way before sitting down with M at home to eat.  Then of course, when she was more relaxed with him, he was fine.  

• Like 3

we have lots of children who have issues with food . Have you tried finding a quieter area for him to eat? sometimes children are put off by the noise or the bad eating habits of others. He may need adult support or a visual timetable to explain he eats and then he plays? Have you called it lunch when its dinner or vice versa? Sounds like he may have some sensory processing needs perhaps? 

• Like 4

On 24/02/2021 at 21:33, louby loo said:

We're to "stop getting above our station" ....   only joking I haven't a clue!

(I'm a bit excited I'm getting jabbed Tuesday !!   ... I was patiently waiting for them to contact me - but Andy just went online and booked it for me 😁)

Today's the day louby - good luck!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Today's the day louby - good luck!

Quite a day.... Zoom meeting - Jab - Teams meeting! 

Very efficient at the vaccination centre.  In and out within in minutes! I was allowed straight out as Andy took me rather driving myself.

14 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Quite a day.... Zoom meeting - Jab - Teams meeting! 

Very efficient at the vaccination centre.  In and out within in minutes! I was allowed straight out as Andy took me rather driving myself.

Excellent!

Which jab did you have?

40 minutes ago, Panders said:

Do you know, nobody asked if I had driven to the centre, everyone had to wait 15 minutes in the socially distanced hall before leaving after the jab!

That's because you had the 'posh' one 😂

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

That's because you had the 'posh' one 😂

See, I knew it was posher!    You got a seat and everything ... I was just chucked out the door as soon as possible as they didn't want the riff-raff hanging around 🤣🤣

(Note- I actually could have stayed if I wanted) 

• Haha 3

I can’t wait for my jab, don’t care which one it is! Just need them to get to the 40-50 bracket now. My husband 60 this year so shouldn’t be much longer until he has his.  Hopefully it won’t be long until my parents get their second jabs as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, louby loo said:

See, I knew it was posher!    You got a seat and everything ... I was just chucked out the door as soon as possible as they didn't want the riff-raff hanging around 🤣🤣

(Note- I actually could have stayed if I wanted) 

How are you feeling louby?

24 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I can’t wait for my jab, don’t care which one it is! Just need them to get to the 40-50 bracket now. My husband 60 this year so shouldn’t be much longer until he has his.  Hopefully it won’t be long until my parents get their second jabs as well.

Hopefully not too long now for you zigzag - I can tell you it is a great feeling to be 'done'!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

How are you feeling louby?

I feel fine, even my arm doesn't hurt ache 😳  How long after did you feel the effects?  I had it at 12 noon.

I feel I may have had a placebo 😱  I mean I don't want to feel ill - but I would like to know iv'e had the jab correctly... even with the flu jab I had a headache for a couple of hours.

I have today off work as a precaution, and they really could have done with me first thing this morning just for short period pre-opening up- and now if feel a fraud 

How are you feeling about going back sunny?...  they've picked a bad week for returning all children - Mother's Day on Sunday!