Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

4 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Hello all,

Just wanted to send you all lots of love - at the moment I feel a bit guilty for not being in an EY setting with all you have to deal with, trust me you are very definitely valued and appreciated by me!

I am just exhausted - I'm in school full time, teaching all day to the 21 children in my class in school and delivering remote learning to the children at home.  Plus this week my governor school had Ofsted so I've done the governor interviews for that.  Today I am focusing on fun stuff (reading, knitting my latest pair of socks) and the necessary (sleeping as needed and restoring order to the kitchen - it's been a while since I did any dishes...)

I'm also trying to think of some fun virtual stuff I could do with my niblings over half-term; the lockdown side of things is affecting them more than me (in some respects my day to day life isn't that different) and they need some things to look forward to.

Take care everyone.

Ah there you are young froglet - I have been worried about you x

That all sounds so tough

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I'm ok - just tired!  It's half-term in a week though! 😀  Plus the socks are so pretty! 😉

pictures please we all need some motivation to get on with our own projects ...Sunnyday needs to practice her FOMO ! 

I agree about the supporting each other...some people seem to be giving us virtual cuddles and the other virtual stabs!😂 more cuddles but the grumpy ones seem to shout louder!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Matching balaclava and sock sets now there’s a thought!

Perfect! Oh and I am soon going to need some sort of blanket for my knees, I'm sure that would you have once retired

Fm you won't be mocking balaclavas when the snow hits tonight/tomorrow - my little corner of the world has an Amber alert - brrrr

• Like 1

Just now, sunnyday said:

Perfect! Oh and I am soon going to need some sort of blanket for my knees, I'm sure that is what you have once retired

Fm you won't be mocking balaclavas when the snow hits tonight/tomorrow - my little corner of the world has an Amber alert - brrrr

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Perfect! Oh and I am soon going to need some sort of blanket for my knees, I'm sure that would you have once retired

That made me laugh out loud - look at what is covering my knees right now!

7F47B2DC-292C-45ED-A591-2CEBB306BB4F.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Are you seriously going for the retirement 😳. xxx

19 hours ago, louby loo said:

But doesn't the day just dddrrrraaaaaaaaaagggggg with such low numbers!    

We are only doing mornings- and I think we will continue with this until Easer now.

I find it very hard with low numbers! It seems to be harder to create a spark for some reason.  We have taken my dog for a walk to the local farm to see the animals, visited the park and had lots of messy fun outside but I am longing for the days when we get back to normal.

On a really happy note, one of our villages donated £70 to us from the sale of a play station.  And in response to my public thank you to him on FB, the local garage owner contacted me to see if he could make a donation and last night donated £100 to us. Just blown away by the kindness. 😍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zigzag said:

I find it very hard with low numbers! It seems to be harder to create a spark for some reason.  We have taken my dog for a walk to the local farm to see the animals, visited the park and had lots of messy fun outside but I am longing for the days when we get back to normal.

On a really happy note, one of our villages donated £70 to us from the sale of a play station.  And in response to my public thank you to him on FB, the local garage owner contacted me to see if he could make a donation and last night donated £100 to us. Just blown away by the kindness. 😍

That is just so lovely

love seeing all your awesome craft makes. i have recently started knitting again. Luckily my daughters -in- law are fans of home knits🙂

I have just finished this for my 2yr old granddaughter - she loves hedgehogs (or heggygogs!!) and i managed to find some wooden hedgehog buttons!

fcc4772f-7fff-4135-ad08-4db5444d256a.thumb.jpg.e6a6963c65dc9a41c57b0494149983e2.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gezabel said:

love seeing all your awesome craft makes. i have recently started knitting again. Luckily my daughters -in- law are fans of home knits🙂

I have just finished this for my 2yr old granddaughter - she loves hedgehogs (or heggygogs!!) and i managed to find some wooden hedgehog buttons!

Wow, that's so lovely, and it has pockets too! 

We have all but 3 of our children returning to us after half term- I'm quite surprised as I thought more would stay off until Easter. However most of them have siblings at home, so I reckon parents have had enough of them at home now😃

Both my husband and I had our jabs las week. He got his notification first- which I was really pleased about as he is classed as clinically vulnerable and then a couple of hours later I got mine! I think my borough must be doing really well as since last week I''ve heard of loads of our age U70's being done. Must say I was so impressed with the set up and how smoothly it was all run. If nothing else they do seem to have got this bit right! 

• Like 1

It’s very much a lottery though.  My Mum lives in sheltered apartments and last Wednesday all the over 80’s were done except her, because she has a different GP practice! Her practice hasn’t got its authorisation to carry them out yet! She’s 87, clinically vulnerable and housebound.  How they can leave her out beggars belief! 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Both my husband and I had our jabs las week. He got his notification first- which I was really pleased about as he is classed as clinically vulnerable and then a couple of hours later I got mine! I think my borough must be doing really well as since last week I''ve heard of loads of our age U70's being done. Must say I was so impressed with the set up and how smoothly it was all run. If nothing else they do seem to have got this bit right! 

That's great news!

15 hours ago, Cait said:

It’s very much a lottery though.  My Mum lives in sheltered apartments and last Wednesday all the over 80’s were done except her, because she has a different GP practice! Her practice hasn’t got its authorisation to carry them out yet! She’s 87, clinically vulnerable and housebound.  How they can leave her out beggars belief! 

Oh Cait, your poor mum, hope that she can be vaccinated soon - would matt Hancock's advice at yesterday's briefing help her at all?

39 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh Cait, your poor mum, hope that she can be vaccinated soon - would matt Hancock's advice at yesterday's briefing help her at all?

Not really, unfortunately.  One of the carers rang her GP yesterday and they said that they’ll come as soon as they are able to.  It’s just yet another demonstration of poor organisation.  We keep reassuring her that she won’t be forgotten, but when everyone else was done last week, it really looked as though she had been!  She’ll be making the local news soon perhaps as the last 87 year old to be done! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2