Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

My son brought home a 1000 jigsaw - something we can do together he said.   Except - even at pre school I was known as a pretty bad jigsaw maker 😂 Anyway, we started it after evening meal stopped at about 11/11.30.  When I came down next morning he's already at it and we finish it at about 2.30. He has done the majority I was sorting and sifting pieces.   Don't think he quite got it that jigsaws this big should be done over a week or so😂  Or is that just me?

• Haha 3

I've been tucked up watching The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Soc - my absolute fav film at the moment

ooh........ and mine. Loved the book as well and one of the very, very few film adaptions that I wasn't terribly disappointed in. It's a lovely film isnt it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, louby loo said:

I know the feeling :(  I thought I'd get a jig-saw to try and help me relax- it didn't really help as I hunched over it and I could actually feel myself tense up whilst concentrating 😳

I was given a liquorice selection box for Christmas and I have discovered that chewing a tough piece of liquorice is really helping to relax the tension in my jaws - that's my excuse anyway!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, louby loo said:

I know the feeling :(  I thought I'd get a jig-saw to try and help me relax- it didn't really help as I hunched over it and I could actually feel myself tense up whilst concentrating 😳

I was given a liquorice selection box for Christmas and I have discovered that chewing a tough piece of liquorice is really helping to relax the tension in my jaws - that's my excuse anyway!

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

That's really good, except...….you do know that liquorice has a laxative effect 🤣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, lynned55 said:

I've been tucked up watching The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Soc - my absolute fav film at the moment

ooh........ and mine. Loved the book as well and one of the very, very few film adaptions that I wasn't terribly disappointed in. It's a lovely film isnt it. 

I have this film recorded - must make time (in my busy schedule - not!) to watch it

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

have you eaten the pipe yet? used to love licorice as a child, but my brother found to his cost, much as Sunnyday has alluded to .......... too much ......... well💩 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

The man is a complete joke.

It appears my super hero skill is being immune despite being in a tier 4 area with numbers rising still........once again I feel like early years is the forgotten army....never get a mention despite putting ourselves on the frontline each day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, zigzag said:

We are now tier 3.  
Unbelievable lack of support and understanding from the government as usual for early years.

B0F5345C-3787-4227-A7A9-5B3B2D586628.jpeg

Love it!  I'm in the epicentre !!!   (I think my LA is 2nd/3rd in England)

All I want is to get the vaccine as a priority :( 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

It appears my super hero skill is being immune despite being in a tier 4 area with numbers rising still........once again I feel like early years is the forgotten army....never get a mention despite putting ourselves on the frontline each day

Exactly

Early Years Early years settings (including nurseries and childminders) should continue to allow all children/pupils to attend as normal. School-based nurseries in primary schools have discretion to follow arrangements for the primary school. Attendance expectations: Early years Attendance at early years and childcare settings is not compulsory.

Copy and paste job - my little black and white furry friend