Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Oh Lynne, I am so sorry to read this.  Hope you and other staff members stay healthy, such worrying times for you all.  Sending you all my best wishes and a virtual socially distanced hug.

It beggars belief that the government are not extending their testing system to EY in the new year, I really cannot make that out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Hope the rest of you get to the end of term safely. Those that are full time, I hope you get to next week safely. Isn't it sad- I feel desperately sorry for those who now cannot work and/or have to shut their business down again. 

Thank you Lynned, I’m so sorry to hear how your term has ended after getting so close to the end, hoping you (and everyone else), don’t carry any blame (easier said I know) but no amount of planning, risk assessing or cleaning is going to stop it once someone carrying the virus brings it through the door, I hope you stay well and can enjoy Christmas with your family ....sending a virtually distanced hug 🤗 

• Like 2

I am done.  School closed today.  I am exhausted, I think I am not going to do the dishes tonight!

Bittersweet though as my sister and her family have made the decision not to travel to join mum and dad and me for Christmas.  I am currently hoping that the child who has been off since Tuesday does not test positive or I won't be able to join them either.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I am done.  School closed today.  I am exhausted, I think I am not going to do the dishes tonight!

Bittersweet though as my sister and her family have made the decision not to travel to join mum and dad and me for Christmas.  I am currently hoping that the child who has been off since Tuesday does not test positive or I won't be able to join them either.

Everything crossed for a negative result young Froglet

'School closed today' - because of Covid?

Wish I could come and do your dishes for you

• Thanks 1

fingers crossed to froglet.

We've decided not to have dinner together with anyone- just a quick visit. 

I shall miss granddaughter's first birthday on New Years day - but I'm just glad that it's this year when she doesn't really have a clue what going on- and will never remember not having a first birthday party anyway.

I have a longterm plan ...... I'm going to buy a super expensive fake tree in jan/feb when they sell them off cheap- then I'll have a fancy posh tree for when I have Christmas proper on the 25th June !!! :) ... and a first birthday party on the 1st July

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Everything crossed for a negative result young Froglet

'School closed today' - because of Covid?

Wish I could come and do your dishes for you

No, because it was the last day of term - I meant school finished really. Words haven’t been making much sense the last week or so!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Froglet said:

I’m not surprised you’re exhausted!  You’ll have been running on adrenaline!  Take time for you now.  Have you had the test yourself?  I can’t remember if you’ve said.  Sorry.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

It must be the waiting about that's the killer ..... the feeling of total lack of any  kind of control :( 

I have spent the day snuggled under my Christmas blanket drifting in and out of my book and sleep. It’s amazing how much more clearly you can think after a nap (or two...) I need to double check but I’m pretty sure that the date of my last contact (which was pretty limited anyway) with him will mean that I can do Christmas with mum and dad will just keep myself pretty isolated until then which I do anyway.

On a brighter note my shared family advent calendar has been a joy and today the stamped biscuits that I’d ordered to come from Santa for nieces and nephew arrived - they were very happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I have spent the day snuggled under my Christmas blanket drifting in and out of my book and sleep. It’s amazing how much more clearly you can think after a nap (or two...) I need to double check but I’m pretty sure that the date of my last contact (which was pretty limited anyway) with him will mean that I can do Christmas with mum and dad will just keep myself pretty isolated until then which I do anyway.

On a brighter note my shared family advent calendar has been a joy and today the stamped biscuits that I’d ordered to come from Santa for nieces and nephew arrived - they were very happy.

Good to hear you have been tucked up today Froglet.   Now tell me more about these stamped biscuits and is it too late to order any for the grandchildren?

16 minutes ago, Panders said:

Good to hear you have been tucked up today Froglet.   Now tell me more about these stamped biscuits and is it too late to order any for the grandchildren?

I’m afraid it is just a little  too late to order this year but they come from The Kitsch Hen website here: https://www.the-kitsch-hen.co.uk

I have ordered from her before one but this time I asked her to do a custom order - I gave her the children’s names some qualities of theirs and asked to send them from Father Christmas rather than me. They are designed to go in the post and fit through a letterbox so are a total surprise.

These are photos of them:

970639FC-8C25-4832-8280-9566CB7D330A.jpeg

4AFC07A6-7B37-4B91-9841-280C83B6F38C.jpeg

• Like 5

I was sad to see Ranvir leave last week - that Jive let her down (still really impressive though)

I am getting worried about my brain - have just had this conversation with a neighbour

Him: so that's it Mary is a pensioner now

Me: Eh, she is nowhere old enough to be a pensioner

Him: well she has retired

Me: Oh but I thought she was going to work up to Christmas...….

He will never, ever, ever let me live that down 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I was sad to see Ranvir leave last week - that Jive let her down (still really impressive though)

I am getting worried about my brain - have just had this conversation with a neighbour

Him: so that's it Mary is a pensioner now

Me: Eh, she is nowhere old enough to be a pensioner

Him: well she has retired

Me: Oh but I thought she was going to work up to Christmas...….

He will never, ever, ever let me live that down 🤦‍♀️

I think I can do better... (in my defence it was on our last work day- so my brain was already totally fried)

Was was telling a friend about the sad life of another friend of mine. (the person in question is in her late 60s)

Me: Yes. it's sad her mother died in childbirth when she was around 7

Friend: Oh yes that is sad, did she have many children?

Yes: Yes she had 8 -all  girls...... I'm not sure which one she died after giving birth to though..

My friend just looked at me and couldn't keep a straight face!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Panders said:

I think for those that watch Strictly, it may be time to make your choices for winner public 💪

1  Bill

2 Jamie

3 HRVY

4 Maisie

that's my heart, but my head doesn't agree!

I would like HRVY to win, but for Jeanette.

I really can't decide.   I've enjoyed watching it, and they are all good- but I hasn't really grabbed me this year.

I guess I'd like Bill due to age.

46 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I think I can do better... (in my defence it was on our last work day- so my brain was already totally fried)

Was was telling a friend about the sad life of another friend of mine. (the person in question is in her late 60s)

Yes: Yes she had 8 -all  girls...... I'm not sure which one she died after giving birth to though..

I had to read that twice to "get" it 😂😜

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I suddenly feel much better! 🤣

• Haha 1