Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

37 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Ah sorry Sunnyday. It’s so hard isn’t it at the moment.  I have no words of wisdom or comfort to be able to give you but just wanted to at least respond.  Sending you a sanitised virtual hug.  😘 

Thanks zigzag - we have missed all of the family celebrations this year, I have managed to just put on a 'oh that's fine', but this just feels a bit too much - silly really, I will just have to 'suck it up'

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ah Sunnyday - that's blow, it is of course the right thing to do.  Perhaps put on your inventive hat and think of a way you could see your eldest grandson for a catchup - let's hope for some decent weather and maybe he could do the garden thing.   <>  <>  <> <>

• Like 1

Thanks both - if it ever stops raining I'm sure that we can do a garden meet before he goes back up on Monday

I just so wanted some fun with the two little ones too - it was going to be a surprise for them!

We are a family of 'party throwers' - we would throw a party if the wind changed direction - so has been a tough year - I have lost count of the times that I have had to say "that sounds great, but we won't be able to come, hope you have a lovely time"

Never mind - people would pay to have my problems - it is nothing in the grand scheme of things

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

That’s good to hear, are you selling raffle tickets via a platform like PayPal? 

Hadnt even thought about it🙄 tickets are going out next week (so they have 5 weeks to sell. Local groups will be informed ...hoping i might persuade  a local business to sell for us too.

Money returned in envelopes and isolated😅

43 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Hadnt even thought about it🙄 tickets are going out next week (so they have 5 weeks to sell. Local groups will be informed ...hoping i might persuade  a local business to sell for us too.

We set up a charity pay pal account with a view of people buying via that but I have no idea how you know who has bought which tickets ....I guess someone on the committee does 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We set up a charity pay pal account with a view of people buying via that but I have no idea how you know who has bought which tickets ....I guess someone on the committee does 🤷‍♀️

Hope you both make heaps of profit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

btw if anyone is looking for books for the children (xmas?) the works have got 10 for £10 plus if you use FFXMAS25 you get another percentage off!

I bought two of these packs the other day, along with colour your own canvas bags for each child as a present.

• Like 2

Last weekend of the holidays - it seems to have gone so quickly!  I made iced buns yesterday which were easier than I thought and very tasty.  I also started a new crochet project - working on a figure of St Nicholas which I got as a kit for my birthday last year.  Today has been about getting those last bits of planning done for next week and doing serious cleaning (as opposed to the frivolous kind I usually do) as it's probably the last time this house will be thoroughly cleaned before the end of December!  I've even done the fridge and the oven (and have needed to sit down as a result!)

I don't really do hallowe'en but I am having stuffed peppers for tea tonight and am planning to cut a jack-o-lantern face into it just to make the niblings smile!

• Like 1

Ive just had trick or treaters - granddaughter 9ths, and her friends - 1yr and 6mths.   😁🎃 

I live towards the end of a long dark lane....... we don't actually get any as it's to dark and creepy down our end. These were our first lot in 25years 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Just wanted to wish everyone the absolute best as we enter the last term of this extraordinary year x

Thank you Sunnyday- I dont know where this last week has gone- but a least my husband is a lot better now- went to Mass this morning- first time he's been out f the house in nearly four weeks! However after yesterdays announcement wont be gong anywhere else now for a while either! 

To say I am cross about this lockdown again is an understatement - I wonder what do we do when we come out of it, it all gets suppressed, we take the lid off and BANG! back in lockdown again mid- January. Sorry, so fed up- to round it all off- my son gets a phone call from a friend who has just tested positive and who he was with a few days ago. As he's really been off colour himself last couple of days- he's now gone of for a test and of course we have to isolate until he gets results back. If he hadn't been ill, admittedly, none of the C symptoms, then I wouldn't but given that he's not been well and has had contact with it, I dont think I should go in tomorrow. 

Oh dear, life is so, so difficult at the moment- isnt it. Christmas is going to be odd this year- we have a huge family, lots of nephews & nieces- all with partners and most with children- we always get together for at leat one day over Christmas but as that means between 30-40 people I guess that wont be happening.  I have 4 children, 3 in laws & 5 grandchildren- so even my immediate family is big (ish). I shouldn't moan- so far we are lucky in no one close to us has been really ill- but heads will roll if I am not allowed to sit down to Christmas dinner with all my immediate loved ones!! 😃😃😃

Anyway - enjoy the first couple of days back everyone- before the madness of Christmas starts!! 

• Like 3

Hi all, hope you’ve had a good week, drama free here which I’ll take.

Do any of you have families affected by the ‘support’ and/or ‘childcare’ bubbles? We have had a couple families (not single parents)who use both sets of grandparents but have now nominated which set will be their childcare bubble yet we have children with single parents who now seem to have 4 bubbles going on, each single parent of said children can have a support bubble each and a childcare bubble each .....is this correct or am I miss reading the guidance?  

26 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Do any of you have families affected by the ‘support’ and/or ‘childcare’ bubbles? We have had a couple families (not single parents)who use both sets of grandparents but have now nominated which set will be their childcare bubble yet we have children with single parents who now seem to have 4 bubbles going on, each single parent of said children can have a support bubble each and a childcare bubble each .....is this correct or am I miss reading the guidance?  

To be honest my brain is now on total overload with guidance.  However I think you are correct with the support+childcare bubble that's how I read it too.

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

To be honest my brain is now on total overload with guidance.  However I think you are correct with the support+childcare bubble that's how I read it too.

It seems slightly stacked against non-single parents who both work, you’d have thought the main carer could have both bubbles and the non-main carer a support bubble.

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Oh Mousie - I am worn out just reading that......

I think we have a problem this time round, in that parents are thinking 'lockdown, what lockdown' as schools are still open

My understanding (but I could be wrong - I often am) is that each family can only use one set of grandparents for support

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh Mousie - I am worn out just reading that......

I think we have a problem this time round, in that parents are thinking 'lockdown, what lockdown' as schools are still open

My understanding (but I could be wrong - I often am) is that each family can only use one set of grandparents for support

I think you’re right sunnyday, it seems a very relaxed lockdown, except for the poor businesses who have had to shut up shop again.

the question came up as a parent told me that both sets of  grandparents would still be collecting, one set as mums ‘childcare bubble’ and one set as dads ‘childcare bubble’ .

Well it has been a busy and productive day thus far at 'sunnyday towers' 🤣

I was awake at the crack of dawn, worrying about my eldest granddaughter - she is at Uni in Leicester - one of her flatmates tested positive on Monday, granddaughter and other flatmates all tested negative on Tuesday/Wednesday. However, she is not well now and had another test yesterday - no results as yet

My rational 'daytime brain' can cope with this - she is young, fit and healthy, she will be fine, she is in constant contact with her mum and dad, the University are sending in food parcels, she has other flatmates who are still well that will look out for her.....

However, my wee small hours brain is saying - she is only eighteen, she is such a long way from home, who is going to look after her etc etc

Having acknowledged that I was not going to be able to get back to sleep, I got up and started on the old TDL, further to that, my washing line is full (I get a real kick out of drying outside all year round when possible), I have hoovered and polished whole house, have cleaned the inside of my car (not before time!), Mr S has cleaned the outside of my car - was slightly miffed about this as I like playing with the jet wash 🤣 he has also 'painted/stained' our newly installed (and very posh) new gates, he is now riding around the field on his tractor mower cutting the grass up there, hoping that the grass down here will be dry enough for him to cut that too.... I am back to the TDL which I am determined to finish today, need to prepare this evenings dinner for us and MIL, then i might allow myself a little 'nana nap'!

• Like 3