Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Well today I've been offered an antibody test as part of ONS survey 😳, and Andy was offered a covid test as part of  the survey earlier this week.

All good, apart from the fact our Drs have given the wrong postcode for us- so probably neither of us will be  able to participate- as the couriers won't be able to find us to collect the samples!  My daughter that lives across the border in a Tier 1 is desperate for us to do them- so I've put her on the case to sort it 🤣🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well today I've been offered an antibody test as part of ONS survey 😳, and Andy was offered a covid test as part of  the survey earlier this week.

All good, apart from the fact our Drs have given the wrong postcode for us- so probably neither of us will be  able to participate- as the couriers won't be able to find us to collect the samples!  My daughter that lives across the border in a Tier 1 is desperate for us to do them- so I've put her on the case to sort it 🤣🤣

I did the covid test for survey three weeks ago - actually they really like our family - eldest son and eldest granddaughter were also asked to participate

Not a bad week here, children all fantastic, they really are a brilliant group.  Almost wishing we didn’t have to add to the group with new children! A member of my staff (there is only 3 of us) suffers from bouts of depression intermittently and is currently going through it, feel very sad when I see her like that and trying so very hard to be supportive. It does make it very difficult at work though as it’s like only having half a staff member and it also leaves me to complete all LJ and obs.   I am hoping that the it leaves her soon and normal service can resume.  Big I am looking forward to a weeks break from it. 
My Dad sat in a chair for the first time in over twenty weeks this week! He was able to tolerate the hoist and change in position better than anyone dared hope and it’s so amazing to sit and chat with him in a chair rather than a hospital bed. He has had some quite dark days this last few weeks so being able to feel a bit more ‘normal’ is a real godsend. Just off to ‘Dad sit” now as Mum is escaping for a much needed reflexology session. Hoping to be able to have a family meal with them on Tuesday to celebrate Mums 85th birthday! Just hope no new rules come in before then.

Have a lovely weekend, don’t work to hard and be kind to yourselves.  Stay safe all.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I did the covid test for survey three weeks ago - actually they really like our family - eldest son and eldest granddaughter were also asked to participate

I did the covid test couple of weeks ago - my son also did it about six weeks ago. Did you find it hard - I found it hard to do the throat swab as gag very easily lol! 

1 hour ago, blondie said:

I did the covid test couple of weeks ago - my son also did it about six weeks ago. Did you find it hard - I found it hard to do the throat swab as gag very easily lol! 

I am ashamed to say that I made an enormous fuss about it - my gag reflex is ridiculous...……..and then I struggled to make up the box!

However, I do feel that it is our 'moral duty' to participate in research so would do it again in a heartbeat if asked

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

Not a bad week here, children all fantastic, they really are a brilliant group.  Almost wishing we didn’t have to add to the group with new children! A member of my staff (there is only 3 of us) suffers from bouts of depression intermittently and is currently going through it, feel very sad when I see her like that and trying so very hard to be supportive. It does make it very difficult at work though as it’s like only having half a staff member and it also leaves me to complete all LJ and obs.   I am hoping that the it leaves her soon and normal service can resume.  Big I am looking forward to a weeks break from it. 
My Dad sat in a chair for the first time in over twenty weeks this week! He was able to tolerate the hoist and change in position better than anyone dared hope and it’s so amazing to sit and chat with him in a chair rather than a hospital bed. He has had some quite dark days this last few weeks so being able to feel a bit more ‘normal’ is a real godsend. Just off to ‘Dad sit” now as Mum is escaping for a much needed reflexology session. Hoping to be able to have a family meal with them on Tuesday to celebrate Mums 85th birthday! Just hope no new rules come in before then.

Have a lovely weekend, don’t work to hard and be kind to yourselves.  Stay safe all.

Lovely to read of your dad's great progress - onwards and upwards Mr zigzag snr! 

So sorry to read of your staff member's struggle with depression, I do hope that she begins to feel better soon

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 16:37, Panders said:

Picture the scene -   I am making a chocolate cake for son's 28th birthday.   Not made this one before - it is a very very very WET mix.   9floz milk and 4.5 floz oil and 9floz boiling water - when I came to adding the water at the very end and switched on the Kenwood ................ suffice to say there was a certain amount of language and clearing up to do😱😂

Oops! reminds me of my chocolate moment. I saw an amazing chocolate 'fretwork' decoration. It was made by drizzling melted chocolate over an inflated balloon, waiting for the chocolate to set and then pop the balloon. All went amazingly well with the drizzling, created a beautiful pattern ........ sadly the chocolate must have been slightly too hot as the ballon went POP. I was finding dried chocolate in places i didn't know i had in my kitchen!!!

Edited by Gezabel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you’re on HT this week have a good one and if (like me) a week to go I hope the week is kind to us all, I am still planning to unbubble and quite looking forward to a rearranging furniture and getting back to a more ‘normal’ way of working, the chn haven’t used indoors since starting back in September so interested to know how that’s working for any settings that have been as I’m sure we won’t manage outside all winter, I’m thinking strip back the amount of available resources and some kind of rotation system, which we’ve been doing a bit with anything that gets taken from indoors to one of the outdoor bubble areas but am expecting to have to do this in a bigger scale when indoor play and no bubbles starts 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

Hope you’re soon over the flu FM 🤒 

I’ve actually heard back from the Covid testing referral portal this week, I was beginning to think it didn’t mean PVI settings could register, we should now be able to fast track staff and their household members for testing which will be great providing they don’t try and send them 300 miles to a testing station 😕 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

If you’re on HT this week have a good one and if (like me) a week to go I hope the week is kind to us all, I am still planning to unbubble and quite looking forward to a rearranging furniture and getting back to a more ‘normal’ way of working, the chn haven’t used indoors since starting back in September so interested to know how that’s working for any settings that have been as I’m sure we won’t manage outside all winter, I’m thinking strip back the amount of available resources and some kind of rotation system, which we’ve been doing a bit with anything that gets taken from indoors to one of the outdoor bubble areas but am expecting to have to do this in a bigger scale when indoor play and no bubbles starts 🤷‍♀️

We've been practically an indoor setting since we returned in September.  We have a really small impractical outdoor space, and the park has been difficult to use at the moment- as the children always want to use the park equipment like we used to- and I'm not allowing that at the moment as it has other uses there most of the time.

We do have a massive hall though and we have the doors and windows open at one end which we treat as our outdoor area, we've cut down on resources, and rotate......... and get through a lot of 'all in one' spray each week!

Staff only ever were masks when cleaning 🤣   Joking aside I'm really beginning to worry that a lot of early years workers (and some other sectors) are going to have lung problems in years to come from all the chemical spraying 😢  We do all ours outside first thing in the morning.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Staff only ever were masks when cleaning 🤣   Joking aside I'm really beginning to worry that a lot of early years workers (and some other sectors) are going to have lung problems in years to come from all the chemical spraying 😢  We do all ours outside first thing in the morning.

I think you’re right, we have one and it makes me choke when I use it 😷 

6 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Test came back negative! not really a surprise but certainly a relief. Just got flu then !🤧 (worrying if i have managed to catch this then it could have been covid!)

Phew!

That's great news - hope you soon feel much better

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’ve actually heard back from the Covid testing referral portal this week, I was beginning to think it didn’t mean PVI settings could register, we should now be able to fast track staff and their household members for testing which will be great providing they don’t try and send them 300 miles to a testing station 😕 

Mousie - do you have a link please?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We are doing a lot of rotation or quarantining as I call it - it's amazing how quickly this becomes the norm

Another week to go before half term break here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Mousie - do you have a link please?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested

there is a section on how to register essential workers and the info you need to send, I’d given up as it took about 5 weeks to get a reply but maybe they’ve caught up now. 

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Thanks 1

On 18/10/2020 at 09:59, Mouseketeer said:

I tried to register with them weeks ago. Apart from a standard 'we have your email etc' I've never heard back.

I'm really fed up now- they've moved us into Tier 2- which means I'm not supposed to see either of my daughters or grandchildren unless ouside- but they better get their act together in time for Christmas- or heads will roll! 

My poor husband has had Shingles on/in his head and right eye. Which meant an emergency trip to Morefields. Luckily they said his eye is ok, just the optical nerve damaged but that will heal just take time. He's been in so much pain behind and in his eye, plus thumping headaches. But getting better now- thankfully as he has been ill since weekend before last-  Really taken it out of him though plus he still only has partial vision in that eye. 

For the first time in I dont know how long we only have one child on our SEN register and that's for speech sounds. Last couple of years were hard, really hard- we had so many and like Finleysmaid was beginning to think we were some sort of magnet for them! What is such a shame is that two of them were half way to EHC plans- we go into lockdown, come back and although we're still waiting for an ED Pysch the school asked us to apply for EHC but nothings happening -They go off to school and we've just heard that not only both turned down but both are only able to do half days as school cant manage them. I dont know whether to be cross or upset for the children. I will say no more than we managed with both of them full time and a number of other SEN's and 2 or 3 with behaviour problems! 

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, lynned55 said:

I tried to register with them weeks ago. Apart from a standard 'we have your email etc' I've never heard back.

I'm really fed up now- they've moved us into Tier 2- which means I'm not supposed to see either of my daughters or grandchildren unless ouside- but they better get their act together in time for Christmas- or heads will roll! 

My poor husband has had Shingles on/in his head and right eye. Which meant an emergency trip to Morefields. Luckily they said his eye is ok, just the optical nerve damaged but that will heal just take time. He's been in so much pain behind and in his eye, plus thumping headaches. But getting better now- thankfully as he has been ill since weekend before last-  Really taken it out of him though plus he still only has partial vision in that eye. 

For the first time in I dont know how long we only have one child on our SEN register and that's for speech sounds. Last couple of years were hard, really hard- we had so many and like Finleysmaid was beginning to think we were some sort of magnet for them! What is such a shame is that two of them were half way to EHC plans- we go into lockdown, come back and although we're still waiting for an ED Pysch the school asked us to apply for EHC but nothings happening -They go off to school and we've just heard that not only both turned down but both are only able to do half days as school cant manage them. I dont know whether to be cross or upset for the children. I will say no more than we managed with both of them full time and a number of other SEN's and 2 or 3 with behaviour problems! 

Shingles is really horrible my daughter gets it when stressed and my friend gets shingles in the eye too...really painful hope all get better soon. As to the rest of your post i am going to be furious on your behalf!!!! How are the parents feeling about this? the children have a right and indeed depending on age a legal right to full time school . The school should be finding ways to accomodate this. If the EHC's are not in place a child is still entitled to their time in school ...how will they ever catch up otherwise??? The parents need to take this to their LEA. The school is being paid for the children to be there. if the parents want to i would suggest asking the pertinent questions on the special needs jungle website. This is against the disability discrimination act 

i do worry about situations like this the attitude is all wrong right from the beginning....doubt the head would be happy if someone said sorry i don't want your child full time at school because they are really bright and need extra support!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Sad to read your post Lynned 😞 hope your husband is better soon.

On 18/10/2020 at 16:37, Mouseketeer said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested

there is a section on how to register essential workers and the info you need to send, I’d given up as it took about 5 weeks to get a reply but maybe they’ve caught up now. 

21 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Well I registered on the 18th- and just got a password today!

lynned55- we're in tier 2 too.... our county actually asked to be put in- my daughter has far more cases in her area but they're still in T1 (10 mins drive away )  😬

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I've had a week so far when few things have gone right, a sense of foreboding hovering and now water has got into my laptopo.O.  It's in a box surrounded by rice in the airing cupboard, I'm not hopeful.  Shame it's only 3 years old.

fingers crossed 🤞 for laptop.

My daughter dropped her phone down the toilet- without giving to much information......... someone used toilet, flushed it 🙄- and the phone worked fine after a couple day, although no one wants to hold it now though 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I've had a week so far when few things have gone right, a sense of foreboding hovering and now water has got into my laptopo.O.  It's in a box surrounded by rice in the airing cupboard, I'm not hopeful.  Shame it's only 3 years old.

Oh no 👎 that's not good - everything crossed that it survives

Why have you got a sense of foreboding? 

Don't know Suunyday, just a general feeling I can't shake off. Mind it's all a bit doom and gloom here at the moment Mr Panders appears to have had his identity stolen - so you can imagine nothing seems real, everything is questioned.  Sure that will come right in due course but for the moment it's form filling and sorting through some post contacting the bank etc.   Scammers really should get what's coming to them

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, Panders said:

Don't know Suunyday, just a general feeling I can't shake off. Mind it's all a bit doom and gloom here at the moment Mr Panders appears to have had his identity stolen - so you can imagine nothing seems real, everything is questioned.  Sure that will come right in due course but for the moment it's form filling and sorting through some post contacting the bank etc.   Scammers really should get what's coming to them

Oh no - that's really bad news, I'm so sorry, scammers are scum

I do recognise that feeling and it is so uncomfortable - hope that you feel brighter soon xxx

• Thanks 1

Oh no Panders, that’s a horrible thing to have happened at any time let alone with everything else going on at the moment.  I hope you soon get everything sorted.  I know what you mean about the foreboding feeling, it’s horrible isn’t it. When you take a minute to sit and think about this year and what has happened and what is still to come it’s still very surreal.

I for one am very grateful for half term next week, I know I will probably still be doing some work for school but am glad of the break. The last few weeks have been hard, my deputy suffers from bouts of anxiety/depression and although thankfully this time she has been able to continue to work she hasn’t completed any obs or learning journeys so I have been desperately trying to do this for all fourteen children.  I actually feel physically and mentally exhausted like I am wading through treacle and not getting anywhere. I think everything this year is just catching up with me! 

I hope everyone who is on half term next week, has a good rest and recharge.  For those that don’t get half term, you are all troopers!

Sunnyday I hope Mr S is continuing to improve. Xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1