Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I had a "Ruby" magnum  a couple of weeks ago, which I thought was rather odd tasting.     Far prefer the regular and at a pinch the almond.   I do try very hard not to make a noise whilst eating them though😂.   Is Jimbob a tabby?  I rather fancy a grey/silver tabby although I could do without the gifts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I had a "Ruby" magnum  a couple of weeks ago, which I thought was rather odd tasting.     Far prefer the regular and at a pinch the almond.   I do try very hard not to make a noise whilst eating them though😂.   Is Jimbob a tabby?  I rather fancy a grey/silver tabby although I could do without the gifts.

Oh no - are we going to fight over Jimbob - I picture him as a lovely big Ginger Tom - hopefully louby will appear and tell us!

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Getting old, thought my post had disappeared - just on the next page!

Oh no!  We're in '101". .... we may all disappear 😳

Off to take photo of Jimbob, sadly he is neither Grey Tabby or Ginger - but he has just walked in and stolen Holiday dogs lunch and treats!! (Dog couldn't care less as he's already eaten the cat food!😭

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Oh no!  We're in '101". .... we may all disappear 😳

Off to take photo of Jimbob, sadly he is neither Grey Tabby or Ginger - but he has just walked in and stolen Holiday dogs lunch and treats!! (Dog couldn't care less as he's already eaten the cat food!😭

They'd never dare make us all disappear😇

Hmm, Jimbob - I suspect you must be black and white then!  and partial to dog food !!!!

On 24/08/2020 at 11:39, sunnyday said:

Is it just me?

The use of the word 'kids' by politicians and news presenters is really getting my goat (see what I did there!) 

Children and young people so much better

Oh- I am so glad you said that!! It's dreadful- I notice Boris Johnson using it a lot as well. Is t to make them appear trendy?

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm posting on the Friday thread because I have been out out again.

Went out dinner for the first time since March with our regular  'Friday Night' friends,  All the way me and Andy have been say 'today is Tuesday- tomorrow will be Wednesday"   Having enough trouble with days of the week without throwing a spanner in the works 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Storm Francis saw to our lunch trip yesterday!  My OH only happy to go out to pub gardens, but not eat/drinks inside.  I am out today for lunch with friend, but I expect we will be ok where we go, very large airy restaurant and extensive garden.       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Storm Francis saw to our lunch trip yesterday!  My OH only happy to go out to pub gardens, but not eat/drinks inside.  I am out today for lunch with friend, but I expect we will be ok where we go, very large airy restaurant and extensive garden.       

That was a 'rough ride' yesterday wasn't it 

Have a lovely time with your friends today

We haven't recovered any form of social life yet, but you know circumstances around Mr S and his health state make that difficult here, still enjoy hearing what others are up to though

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

oooh - just back from my setting - it is all getting real now....

I am part excited and part worried to death

I know the feeling 😳.....

I have been out eating every day this week so far, it is making me realise things are sort of a lot more normal and not so scary.  Really not getting on with the masks though. I've not really done shopping as such  M&S to collect something - it's a food store so very quiet in the small clothing bit, and baby shop, and the garden centre. I can't seem to focus/concentrate with mask on and I'm just in and out as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

oooh - just back from my setting - it is all getting real now....

I am part excited and part worried to death

I can only imagine how nervous folk are about going back .... I am going to go back into the office next week as September is so busy it will be easier being in FSF HQ but I can only do that as only be Louise and I in our office ..... will have to get a bell to wear so when I move around the building people can hear me coming and socially distance themselves 🤣

Are you having the full compliment of children back sunnyday?

4 minutes ago, Sue said:

I can only imagine how nervous folk are about going back .... I am going to go back into the office next week as September is so busy it will be easier being in FSF HQ but I can only do that as only be Louise and I in our office ..... will have to get a bell to wear so when I move around the building people can hear me coming and socially distance themselves 🤣

Are you having the full compliment of children back sunnyday?

Thanks for understanding Sue and I think a bell is a very good idea! 🤣

Yes, all due back in, but we are a very small group

Still hard work sorting out the logistics even for a small group.

I think it is a worry getting back out there with all the children and the families especially when you are aware you need to protect yourself and your own families.

Good luck with it all and of course you know a nice place to let of steam if necessary once you are back at the sharp pointy end!

• Like 2

On 24/08/2020 at 13:18, blondie said:

absolutely hate the word "kid."

I was mentioned on Jimmy Young’s radio show back in the day, for phoning in to complain that the minister for children kept referring to children as ‘kids ‘. JY read out my letter and completely agreed with me that it says a lot about the care and love that we give our small people, that we can’t even refer to them as Children 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cait said:

I was mentioned on Jimmy Young’s radio show back in the day, for phoning in to complain that the minister for children kept referring to children as ‘kids ‘. JY read out my letter and completely agreed with me that it says a lot about the care and love that we give our small people, that we can’t even refer to them as Children 

Cait - star of stage, screen and radio!

• Haha 1