Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I think so too 

In other news - I have now had 'the' email from EYA and I can't access my publications for downloads either 😮

I have just had an email saying it should all be sorted soon, if not already. I haven't tried it yet- as I'm currently in the middle  sending all the letters out to our returners too!

• Like 1

Zigzag - wonderful news, you really made me smile.

Sunnyday - what a great message.

I have had a great few days. I’ve been spending time up at mum and dad’s with my sister’s children and it’s been lovely - nothing special just chatting, playing games and going for walks to the park but they have and are continuing to grow into such nice people, it’s a real pleasure to spend time with them.

I popped briefly into school this morning and figured out a classroom layout that I think will work which is a big weight off my mind.

Now home for more knitting on sock number 4 and watching something gentle on TV!

PS I don’t know if it’s the same for everyone but I think we’re on our 100th page of Fridays!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cait said:

Champagne round at Sunnyday’s tonight then? Needs to be some sort of recognition for such a mega- thread! 

Definitely (although can I have hot chocolate?) I will bring my tape measure and start taking orders for sock and balaclava gift sets!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Definitely (although can I have hot chocolate?) I will bring my tape measure and start taking orders for sock and balaclava gift sets!

Marshmallows on your hot chocolate?

You will have to promise not to get that tape measure anywhere near my waistline 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

You will have to promise not to get that tape measure anywhere near my waistline 

Everything on my hot chocolate please and I am blind to waistlines (as my own will testify!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Everything on my hot chocolate please and I am blind to waistlines (as my own will testify!)

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Champagne round at Sunnyday’s tonight then? Needs to be some sort of recognition for such a mega- thread! 

Am I to late ?  Although I have been on the wine already, so I will have to hitch a lift! 🙀🤣

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

<whispers very quietly> think my TDL might be completed 😀

(has been hard to concentrate with all the partying going on here though)🤣

Need to go up to my setting and see what else I need to bring home to clean/wash.....

Congratulations! I have been sidetracked on mine again!

• Like 1

I came across notes from our staff meeting held 13th March that I hadn't got round to typing up - little did we know then that we would be closed on the following Friday and in my case would remain closed for six months......

Sent over loads of info to my deputy and asked how she was feeling now about our return - she said "I have small feelings of trepidation" 🤦‍♀️ well, we all do, but I really need positivity now - my fault for asking I suppose

I have purchased some really lovely washable 'playmats' that have arrived today - hmm when I say washable, I mean they can be wiped over....

• Sad 1

I am pleased we made it back for the 2nd half term but I’m sure you’ll be fine once there (even after 6 months, it’ll be like you never left).......I know what you mean about needing your deputy to just bolster you occasionally ...I do feel like it’s been an un-holiday of so many decisions to make alone 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Six months off, and I just got ridiculously  excited we we now have an extra day off at the beginning of new term 🤣🤣🤣

We were going back on the 2nd- with children starting back 7th.   I just got a call from the scouts asking if they could use the hall during the day on 2nd (small group adult training event- not a hall full of children! 😊).  Bonus is they are getting a deep clean for their event, and it will be cleaned again when they leave.- which means our cleaning day will be a bit easier. Our scouts are actually disgusting and I went to visit hall this week and it is such a mess 😳😬

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I am pleased we made it back for the 2nd half term but I’m sure you’ll be fine once there (even after 6 months, it’ll be like you never left).......I know what you mean about needing your deputy to just bolster you occasionally ...I do feel like it’s been an un-holiday of so many decisions to make alone 😞 

Thank you mousie

I really regret not going back in June - I gave my parents the choice and only three wanted to return at that point. I think we should have gone back with just three and perhaps that number would have grown - who knows, all in the past now so no point dwelling on it

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted to say there is nothing quite like chocolate chip cookies that have only been out the oven about 3 minutes.

oooh they sound lovely!

I have just eaten a 'Magnum' (you know one of those really low calorie ones) 🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, louby loo said:

okay, all round to young froglets NOW!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Excellent idea!

I have to admit that the number of cookies available has reduced somewhat.  You are always welcome though.  I'm currently working on a new teacosy (I suddenly decided that I needed seasonal ones) so if you give me a week I will make fresh cookies, mulled apple juice, tea (in a seasonal teapot) and possibly jacket potatoes...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Panders said:

i'm only coming if Sunnyday brings the magnums

Good point. I haven't had a magnum years 😃  ( I had to stop buying them as my husband make so much noise eating them it give me the total rage... and I'm actually a very laid-back person normally  😳)

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, louby loo said:

A week works for me :) 

I could bring the gift of a talking cat if this is of interest to you? ( He says Hello whist bringing gifts) 

Oh yes, do bring Jimbob I would love to meet him (and bring him home with me)

Only one magnum left here and I think Mr S has probably got his eye on it - sure that I could pick some more up on the way

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh yes, do bring Jimbob I would love to meet him (and bring him home with me)

Only one magnum left here and I think Mr S has probably got his eye on it - sure that I could pick some more up on the way

We do have magnums up here in the frozen north too. I think I’ve even seen more than one kind! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2