Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 11/07/2024 at 15:10, louby loo said:

Although I will say I'm not loving this series, it just seems to be lacking something.  How are you finding it ?

I do have Sewing Bee recorded and will catch up with it at some point!

Not sure why I like it as I can't sew for toffee 🤣

• Like 1

Although I will say I'm not loving this series, it just seems to be lacking something.  How are you finding it ?

I’m catching up tonight! I’m enjoying it but honestly can’t remember much about the other series!

On 10/07/2024 at 23:05, sunnyday said:

Honestly if you can make socks you can make anything!

Just back from youngest son's house where we have been watching the football - what a great night and what a great result!

I have lots of  crochet projects plan for this summer. I didn’t even realise that football had happened until my class were all talking about it today!

• Like 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Hope everyone is okay - end of term is in sight now!

I seem to have had a very busy week, nothing wildly exciting but lots on.

Looking forward to Sunday - we are going to watch youngest granddaughter's drama school production, then two sporting finals - tennis and football - yay!

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 1

On 12/07/2024 at 08:10, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Hope everyone is okay - end of term is in sight now!

I seem to have had a very busy week, nothing wildly exciting but lots on.

Looking forward to Sunday - we are going to watch youngest granddaughter's drama school production, then two sporting finals - tennis and football - yay!

Have a lovely weekend all x

Has anyone got a darkended room I can lay in for an hour or so please? 😜

Had the two grand children visiting, and 6 month old dog we are looking after for a few hours,..... not a good combination 😭🤣🤣  

• Like 1

On 12/07/2024 at 14:57, louby loo said:

Has anyone got a darkended room I can lay in for an hour or so please? 😜

Had the two grand children visiting, and 6 month old dog we are looking after for a few hours,..... not a good combination 😭🤣🤣  

Oh yes, louby I can provide a darkened room and a nice cup of tea when you are ready to come out 😂

Oh and what sort of dog?

• Love 1

On 12/07/2024 at 15:21, sunnyday said:

Oh yes, louby I can provide a darkened room and a nice cup of tea when you are ready to come out 😂

Oh and what sort of dog?

Springer-doodle - he does appear to be a bit the 'thick' side ..... just spent 10 mins barking at the door-stop! 🙄!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/07/2024 at 17:03, Froglet said:

Year 2 sleepover tonight so I’m literally sleeping at school. Other than that… 10 days…

😳 What!!!!! THAT IS devotion to the job!  I had one 4yr old sleep over last night and that was enough for me 🤣 Miss jibber jabber jibber jabber all night!

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 10:06, Froglet said:

Everyone is still in one piece! Nursery stay and play for an hour then home to bed!

So pleased that you survived the night young Froglet! 😂

I am feeling very sorry for myself this morning - our village is currently plagued with mosquitos - no idea why, same thing happened this time last year...the horrible little beasties just love me...already had a bite on each arm and yesterday morning whilst I was out and about I gained another one on my forehead (most attractive!) overnight I have been bitten on my left eyelid - for goodness sake - thanking all that is holy that I don't have to leave the house today - I look like I have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Mr S is completely unscathed - obviously he is not at all tasty! 

• Sad 1

On 13/07/2024 at 11:46, sunnyday said:

So pleased that you survived the night young Froglet! 😂

I am feeling very sorry for myself this morning - our village is currently plagued with mosquitos - no idea why, same thing happened this time last year...the horrible little beasties just love me...already had a bite on each arm and yesterday morning whilst I was out and about I gained another one on my forehead (most attractive!) overnight I have been bitten on my left eyelid - for goodness sake - thanking all that is holy that I don't have to leave the house today - I look like I have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Mr S is completely unscathed - obviously he is not at all tasty! 

Have you tried Avon "skin so soft" ?  I fine it  a really good deterrent, although you do need to be careful if using it in full strong sun as it can act like tanning oil.

xx

• Like 1

Well I thought it was just me, I’m glad it’s not.   I wonder if it’s the presenter chappie who seems to be making it a bit of a joke.  Plus it doesn’t seem to have the depth of ability we’ve had in the past.  Maybe just me and the way things are at the mo 🤷‍♀️

On 13/07/2024 at 12:54, louby loo said:

Have you tried Avon "skin so soft" ?  I fine it  a really good deterrent, although you do need to be careful if using it in full strong sun as it can act like tanning oil.

xx

Thanks louby - I do have some which I have not been using - I am today - I have even sprayed in in my hair - I figure I can wash it out before going out tomorrow!

On 13/07/2024 at 13:41, sunnyday said:

Thanks louby - I do have some which I have not been using - I am today - I have even sprayed in in my hair - I figure I can wash it out before going out tomorrow!

Welllll, if you're going out to watch the football somewhere - you could always facepaint yourself ??

• Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 14:11, louby loo said:

Welllll, if you're going out to watch the football somewhere - you could always facepaint yourself ??

Excellent idea! 🤣

Trouble is, before that I am going to watch youngest granddaughters drama club production - I'm sure there must be some sort of balaclava that I could use 😉 it doesn't look quite so bad now - it is sort of 'draining down' under my eye now - feels horrible though ☹️

• Sad 1

On 13/07/2024 at 14:19, sunnyday said:

Excellent idea! 🤣

Trouble is, before that I am going to watch youngest granddaughters drama club production - I'm sure there must be some sort of balaclava that I could use 😉 it doesn't look quite so bad now - it is sort of 'draining down' under my eye now - feels horrible though ☹️

Just don't start scratcing it, hopefully all better by tomorrow 🤞🤞 x

• Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 14:19, sunnyday said:

Excellent idea! 🤣

Just don't start scratcing it, hopefully all better by tomorrow 🤞🤞 x

On 13/07/2024 at 13:08, Cait said:

Well I thought it was just me, I’m glad it’s not.   I wonder if it’s the presenter chappie who seems to be making it a bit of a joke.  Plus it doesn’t seem to have the depth of ability we’ve had in the past.  Maybe just me and the way things are at the mo 🤷‍♀️

They just don't a seem to ab

On 13/07/2024 at 13:08, Cait said:

They seem to stuggle to get things finished all the time, rush them and most look a mess. I'd rather see better finished items - but I guess that makes boring TV! Although, that said some of the pattern challenge demonstration items have quiet a few glaring faults that Esme and Partrick seem to gloss over too!😂

Not sure about the presenter either he strikes me a being a bit bored by it!

Yes!  Both on timing - another half an hour could make all the difference but maybe not such traumatic tv? 

and yes also about the finished products not being as crisp as recent years - and also things they pick out in their assessments are glossed over when they’re doing their recap! 

• Like 1