Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Peer on peer abuse

josies29

I think the difference is perhaps that previously we would have 'dealt' with the bully via our behaviour policy and given comfort and support to the 'victim'. Now we need to consider it from a safeguarding point of view for the 'victim' the safeguarding document that highlighted the peer on peer abuse was for early years and schools and there can be some tragic outcomes form a safeguarding point of view for the child who is the victim - this really is child protection!

have you got the link to the info from ofsted...i'm beginning to wonder if I've had this! :unsure:

Someone put a link up around 25th August - to be honest I thought it was you :blink: :1b

I'll see if a can find it in my not so excellent computer filing system.

Inspecting_safeguarding_in_early_years_education_and_skills_settings.pdf

Inspecting_safeguarding_in_early_years_education_and_skills_settings_change_document_Aug_2016.pdf

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 2

Could it also about being vigilant about 'our age' children being abused by other children including siblings, siblings friends, friends of family etc? In other words not always looking for abuse from adults. I did actually read the document today. To be honest it doesn't seem clear in some parts.

• Like 1

I am not one for producing paperwork I don't need .! I cannot see why any situation will not be covered by what I already have in place. Peer on peer is definitely child on child. I think the idea that we are open to the fact this may happen is part of the plan. However the abuse is likely to come under sexual, physical or emotional all of which are already covered in my policies therefore do I need yet another piece of paperwork (lets face it people protect children not paperwork ...to quote a sensible person I know!)

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)