Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy half-term break!

sunnyday

Well taking a leaf out of your procrastination book Sunnyday I managed a coffee with a friend before purchasing one of those "put it together yourself" shelving kits - I'm now ready to take on the garage which is the preferred job out of the wildly exciting choices available!

My transition documents are all done by the children's keypeople - they had to be finished before the end of the half term as we have our "transitions speed dating" meeting next week!

Hope you enjoy celebrating your friend's birthday - much better than a TD list

• Like 1

Well, I can thoroughly recommend the Roald Dahl museum - brilliant day out!

Travelling back home from my sister's today (about an hour) hopefully going to IKEA and finally getting some pictures hung that have been lying around for ages then out for dinner with friends tonight.

• Like 1

Oh no what a shame young froglet

We are having beef stir fry for tea - I am,as ever, on a mission to see just how many meals I can get from one joint - this will be number 3

Can't help with the cinema haven't been for ages no idea what's likely to be showing

We were going to see a Queen tribute band locally, but they were playing outside and we think it's too cold, so have cried off! We are having prawns and smoked salmon for tea ! Cinema - nothing on I would want to watch Ninjas or Russell Crowe, Angry Birds, - Alice through the looking Glass? maybe the latter is not a recent production!

Hope you have better luck locally Froglet.

Panders and Sunnyday your teas sound delicious! I plumped for couscous with roast Mediterranean veggies, chicken and feta. Couldn't find anything I fancied but I have a new book group book which sounds like it might be interesting so shall have a peaceful evening with that. Plus I have 2 revised policies to read in my governor role...

Survived fist day back. ::1a ::1a ::1a

Lots of children off due to inset days for our local schools- so a nice chilled out session...especially with the sun out.

Slightly spoiled by a general unrest amongst staff - we have a very disengaged owner and it's now affecting staff goodwill. :(

It's such a shame because they are such a great bunch, but I guess you can only take so much ******taking. :(:(:(

Still onwards and upwards, and at least our sense of humour gets us all through it.. ::1a

• Like 2

Lots of children off due to inset days for our local schools- so a nice chilled out session...especially with the sun out.

Ah yes we were quiet for the same reason - so much so that I declared myself surplus to requirements and left at 10:45 - came home and got on with some of my never ending TD tasks :1b

• Like 2

Ah yes we were quiet for the same reason - so much so that I declared myself surplus to requirements and left at 10:45 - came home and got on with some of my never ending TD tasks :1b

We did a nice spring clean of resources- lots of bubbles and water around ::1a

• Like 1

I think we should have done the spring cleaning thing on reflection, Still there's always tomorrow, we had water pistol "fights". I find if I tell them they mustn't spray each other, it keeps it down to a minimum and they feel "slightly naughty" rather than drenching each other.

• Like 4

It was back to "normal" whatever that is - even with school inset days mine all turned up apart from 2 with chickenpox - needed to send 2 home at lunchtime with temperatures (both had been unwell over the weekend but insisted to their parents that they come in today !!!!!!!!!! - parents denied giving any temperature reducing meds before bringing them!!!!)

Tomorrow I shall be taking in "snake iceberg" (large bucket of rubber snakes frozen in different layers) which has been sitting in my chest freezer over the half term as a "provocation" - hopefully the children will find it interesting!

Was hoping to also be surplus to requirements today to crack on with TD list but that didn't quite pan out - maybe tomorrow!

Tomorrow I shall be taking in "snake iceberg" (large bucket of rubber snakes frozen in different layers) which has been sitting in my chest freezer over the half term as a "provocation" - hopefully the children will find it interesting!

Super cool ::1a

• Like 1

One of my four year old boys came in with a T shirt bearing the legend Loud, Louder, Loudest! on it. To say that it suits him perfectly seems superfluous.

:lol:

I had the bright idea of having a bit of a music focus this week so we made Kazoo's today....very happy parent to see 60 children with kazoo's! :P:P especially the one who said oh great! we've got a long car journey now ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a I wasn't sympathetic!

• Like 2

:lol:

I had the bright idea of having a bit of a music focus this week so we made Kazoo's today....very happy parent to see 60 children with kazoo's! :P:P especially the one who said oh great! we've got a long car journey now ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a I wasn't sympathetic!

Ohwww.............. How do you make these ? I must do them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohwww.............. How do you make these ? I must do them :lol: :lol: :lol:

1/2 a kitchen paper roll....circle of silicone/thick greaseproof paper pulled tight across one end and attached with a tight rubber band. small hole punched in side of roll (about 2" from top...but not important to measure)

We designed a cover for them and stuck it round the outside.

The tricky bit is trying to play it ...you need to have a practise...don't try to blow more like singing with an open mouth???do this down the open end!!! we actually did it for a SALT exercise and also for the making music/rhythm part of the eyfs

WARNING...your staff may throttle you! :o ::1a

• Like 2

what ever happened to just a comb and greaseproof paper! Got sent out of needlework class because of that!!!!

Oh - fancy being sent out of class :o

I was never, ever, ever sent out of class :ph34r: :rolleyes:

(If you believe that, you'll believe anything) ::1a

• Like 1