Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paint supplies

Preschool is currently using Early Learning Centre readymix paint as it's safe for under twos. They are quite small bottles, so consequently not as economical as the manager would like. What suppliers are there who do larger bottles that are safe for under twos, does anyone know?

In my old preschool I have to admit that I used just ordinary readymix that was 36 months and up, and the two year olds were just monitored more closely. Nobody ever tried to deliberately ingest it, but that's not the case here, we have a brush sucker!

Any help would be appreciated

theconsortium do the 5 litre bottles.......free delivery.....................have just had a quick look on the site and all it says on the bottles is that it is unsuitable for under 36 months due to possible choking hazard

Edited by narnia

we have a brush sucker!

Eeew - sitting here now wondering what paint tastes like :blink:

Can't say that I've ever checked my paint to see what age it is suitable for.........

Not much help am I ;) ::1a

If I remember I will check tomorrow - I usually buy 5 litre containers via S & S Services - have got some newly acquired florescent colours (v pretty) from 'Brian Clegg' purchased via Amazon.....

A local childminder was slated recently for not having age correct paint. Preschool has been using the ELC paint since then.

Yes, it was S&S paint I used in Cumbria, that was 36months.

The brush sucker has tried all the colours so far, but seems to prefer the blue that doesn't really wash off so well ......

• Like 1

have got some newly acquired florescent colours (v pretty) from 'Brian Clegg' purchased via Amazon.....

The fluorescent paints make wonderful fold over butterflies

• Like 1

Just looked at COSSH sheet for Consortium Ready Mix. It says no risk when inhaled, normal first aid procedures if gets into eyes, all ingredients non-toxic in amounts present in the product. It doesn't mention eating it or any age restrictions.

We've always used it and I've never even thought about ages. We use it for under twos as well!

• Like 1

:o So having checked my paint - hmmm - it does say 'not for under 36 months' :blink: - perhaps I need to stop offering painting until September then :ph34r: no not really ::1a

The florescent paint didn't seem to have an especially peculiar smell........oh and I resisted the urge to taste it! :lol:

• Like 3

In my experience - thus far, ALL paint I've ever used says: Not suitable for under 36months........could this be another reason for not taking two year olds??? : ). you see when the Government come up with these initiatives they really don't look into it do they........

• Like 2

In my experience - thus far, ALL paint I've ever used says: Not suitable for under 36months........could this be another reason for not taking two year olds??? : ). you see when the Government come up with these initiatives they really don't look into it do they........

Thank you - that gave me a good old laugh out loud moment! :lol:

• Like 1

We buy our paint from ESPO catalogue. Usually Brian Clegg or Scola. I have just checked the COSHH sheets and only one of the three that I checked mentioned not suitable for under 36 months and it makes reference to the label on the bottle stating not suitable due to small parts. Can only assume its down to the bottle lid. I suppose if you wanted to cover yourself you could write a risk assessment form? :ph34r:

Sorry, should of said - of course you would need to write a risk assessment if using with younger children. :o

Edited by lsp
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)