Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Queens birthday

Not really thought too long and hard about it - I normally try and coincide these things when there is likely to be the most media hype so at least the children and families might catch something independently about it, is it her real birthday tomorrow and her "formal official state birthday in June?

Not really thought too long and hard about it - I normally try and coincide these things when there is likely to be the most media hype so at least the children and families might catch something independently about it, is it her real birthday tomorrow and her "formal official state birthday in June?

Oh honestly don't you know :o

:lol: Nor do I :blink: :lol: :lol:

Just had a quick 'google' - can you tell that I am avoiding other 'tasks'.......so anyway June is her 'official' birthday.........ah that probably explains why I haven't received my invitation to the palace yet :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Check for local beacons being lit across the country on 21st April at 8.30pm her actual 90th birthday .. cannot find a full list,we have a several local ones being lit..

Later in year 12th June for the official one there may be a local street party .. our village has one organised.. they have permission to close the main road that runs through ..long detour for all that day..

Ps . You have to buy tickets for the party at Windsor , there are some still available..

Now Sunny - what hats shall we wear, I take it you'll get me a ticket too?, perhaps we should all go enmasse to help her royalness celebrate

I shall, of course, wear my balaclava ;) ::1a

I'm sure young Froglet could knit you a matching one if you asked her very nicely.......

Decided to wait until June, as the weather may be kinder for a street party snack time thingy ( work in progress) Think there may be a lot more official celebrations then as well. Reserve me a place at the party please Sunnyday!!

• Like 1

I shall, of course, wear my balaclava ;) ::1a

I'm sure young Froglet could knit you a matching one if you asked her very nicely.......

:lol: As I was reading down the thread I saw the Panders' question and was already framing my response which did of course involve reminding Sunny about her balaclava and then I saw Sunnyday's answer! So glad your balaclava is still at the forefront of your mind when any kind of headgear is required!

Am happy to produce any balaclava required - it could be to match (if Sunny can remind me what hers looks like) or I could do a fetching red, white and blue one?

• Like 1

Ps . You have to buy tickets for the party at Windsor , there are some still available..

Really ...I tried to get some months ago with no success!

As we are very close to Windsor we are celebrating but not until the official date.just working on a plan to work with an artist on creating cardboard castles in the garden....i'm VERY excited! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 4

We are also planning to celebrate with a street party in June. We are going to invite the ladies and gentlemen from our local nursing home. They always come out and cheer and wave flags at our Carnival.

We are planning good old fashion sandwiches, jelly and ice cream and each child will receive a medal / coin with our logo on the other side.:):)

:lol: As I was reading down the thread I saw the Panders' question and was already framing my response which did of course involve reminding Sunny about her balaclava and then I saw Sunnyday's answer! So glad your balaclava is still at the forefront of your mind when any kind of headgear is required!

Am happy to produce any balaclava required - it could be to match (if Sunny can remind me what hers looks like) or I could do a fetching red, white and blue one?

Now then Froglet, I think I would like something to rival Sunny's balaclava - need to stand out when we are presented to the Queen - how about some crocheted flowers on mine?

• Like 2

Now then Froglet, I think I would like something to rival Sunny's balaclava - need to stand out when we are presented to the Queen - how about some crocheted flowers on mine?

Perfect! My sister has turned out to be an amazing crocheter of flowers - I will get her on the case immediately! Tinsel? Working fairy lights?

Wish my staff were so motivated...i am out and out royalist since a child...born 51 ...the queen has been on the throne all my life....saw her on her Silver Jubilee 1977 in London.....but no mention of any celebrations tomorrow as Manager no royalist...and that has affected staff too......:(((

Really ...I tried to get some months ago with no success!

As we are very close to Windsor we are celebrating but not until the official date.just working on a plan to work with an artist on creating cardboard castles in the garden....i'm VERY excited! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the tickets were available for the Thursday and Friday on the site yesterday.. checked , but too far away to go so did not try buying..

well having said we weren't gping to do anything it all got a bit exciting! two of our children in uniform were spotted in the crowds at Windsor...wearing their uniform! ;) we have been surrounded by helicopters all day much to all the childrens amusement.....we waved so hard at one press helicopter that it hovered over the field and they waved back! :wub: :wub: great fun!

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)