Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medication

skippy

Prior written permission is obtained from parents for each and every medicine before it is given. There is a record of all medication given and parents informed on the day.

The above is taken from the statutory guidance and I wondered if anyone could explain the statement?

For children on long term meds can we just have a health care plan and then an administering sheet. This reviewed then how often?

Any thoughts gratefully received

We also have two forms. One for short course eg antibiotics that go home each day so are signed for by parents and one for longer term medications that we hold in the setting eg inhalers, ecxema cream that is used when required and parents sign to acknowledge that we have informed them we have administered medication to their child. All attached to completed Health Care Plan.

Thank you

Can I ask with the forms you have how do you store them if they are not bound in a meds book?

We have a meds book for short term meds but have sheets in meds box so box can move with child for outings, forest school, trips etc. Therefore the sheet in in the box with meds. This also helps with transfer from one place to another. Should it be bound or is it ok to be stored like this. Once complete the form is attached to health care plan

thanks for support

Long term are in register file then go in child's information file when left or no longer required, short term are completed then filed. At end of each month I scan them in computer as I do accident etc and file electronically, I hope (I will) get rid of all this paper, I have no blinking cupboards left.

Is there an up to date version?

I see what you mean! When I searched I got a 2005 version. Further searching brought up a 2015 version but it's a Solihull LA version. With a quick flick through, it looks the same as ours but I haven't looked in detail.

http://www.solihull.gov.uk/Portals/0/ChildrenAndYoung/Medicines_in_School_2015.pdf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)