Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half-term

lsp

Have moved from the cold computer corner to the sunny sofa, have sef on lap but am going round in circles with it. I really want not to be the only voice in this sef, which it currently is. I took it to a staff meeting last year but received no help or feedback and I kind of understand that as it took me a while to get my head round. I had a visit last week from our area Senco who said the whole staff and committee need to be involved, just wondering how or if anyone else manages this?

• Like 1

Hi Zig zag

I use comments, discussions at committee/staff meetings to inform the SEF - not direct quotes or anything like that; bur for example as a staff team we were discussing a cafe snack system - all staff had an opinion - the general consensus was that we would continue with the system we were using at the time as it was beneficial to our current cohort of children. I simply added that sentence to the SEF. At the committee meeting we spoke about the cost of providing healthy snacks and decided to trial a bring your own piece of fruit system, staff devising a a named pocket system (supporting name recognition). All committee members voted on this and carried the motion forward. This was also added to the SEF. In this way all staff, committee members and even the children's voices are represented within the SEF if you know what I mean!! Throughout the year I keep a simple list in the back of the diary to remind me of the things I need to add/tweak!! I circulate the SEF to Staff/committee members for comments and I do get the odd one!!

• Like 2

So you're really "loafing" about today Froglet! ::1a :lol: sorry couldn't resist

Totally although the bread has been a bit of a disaster; hardly risen and barely cooked in the middle although lovely and crusty on the outside. Mr Hollywood would not be giving me any prizes!

Sef has now been safely put away and on the Easter TDL!! So instead have cleaned the house from top to bottom and braved the teenage sons bedroom whilst he is out!!(Even that is preferable to the sef)

Now laminating new name labels and feeling guilty about the sef!!!

Totally although the bread has been a bit of a disaster; hardly risen and barely cooked in the middle although lovely and crusty on the outside. Mr Hollywood would not be giving me any prizes!

It cannot be any worse than some of the things the news correspondent made on bake off last night!!!

• Like 1

Sef has now been safely put away and on the Easter TDL!! So instead have cleaned the house from top to bottom and braved the teenage sons bedroom whilst he is out!!(Even that is preferable to the sef)

Now laminating new name labels and feeling guilty about the sef!!!

We had our inspection a few weeks ago... without a SEF (well one with my currently being updated comments on! ::1a )

Inspector wasn't the slightest bit put out, and agreed with my reasoning as to why it's not done (working unpaid etc) To be totally honest it is now the last thing on my list. I have a working folder with action plans, audits and training plans etc that folder is my SEF and it's just not online.

Although one tip from inspector was - to get parents input... simply add quotes from cards they may have sent thanking us. :1b :1b :1b

• Like 3

Sunny - I thought you meant your son was selling his house with furry cups and bowls - very unique selling point!!!

Well I have missed you all today - looks like you have all been very busy and productive - er maybe not all????? I've been out to lunch with husband - only Zizzis but very nice.

• Like 3

Oh he is selling his house - check it out on 'Kent Online' (well if you are interested that is ::1a )

Don't know what happened there - I meant to quote young froglet's comment about Mr Hollywood :blink:

Not sure about his advertising in an Orla Kelly pinnie soooo wrong some how!

Oh I remember teenage sons bedrooms only too well - did you find any 'furry' cups and bowls? :blink: ::1a

Still traumatized from those days myself Sunnyday! One still inhabits his bedroom occasionally although lives in Southsea now, but amazing what he leaves behind after a weekend!

• Like 1

Spent 2 days sorting and selling and making new links for setting.

Day off to see family which ended in disaster and now my mother has disowned me , my sister is seriously in need of meds and I have not slept properly since ! Lazy day yesterday but managed the housework , going back to work today for my sanity !

Yep - I know exactly what you mean Lashes. Good news about the refund - what are you going to use it for or will it disappear back into general expenses. Would be quite nice to be able to spend it on something 'special' and everytime to look at it to think that's one time I 'beat' ofsted lol.

• Like 1

So........are we all feeling refreshed after our week off?

I have had a good week on the whole - time spent with Mr S was very nice - we had an especially good day on Friday with a visit to Canterbury which included a very good lunch :1b

Made some progress with the old TDL - but I was never serious about that anyway! ::1a

So yes I think I am ready and willing to face the new term :1b

• Like 2