Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Annual Ofsted Fee

After paying £35 last year I have received notification of the direct debit for this year's payment for £50. Nothing has changed - we are still open for less than 45 weeks a year. I phoned Ofsted to query the amount to be told that we should only pay £35!!!? So how does that work???? Rogue computer in Ofsted Finance Dept? So my warning to everyone is check your statements.

We received notification saying we would be deregistered as we hadn't paid our £35. When we phone Ofsted to query they said they always collect the amount by direct debit but after our deadline so we will get this letter every year. this was something they set up!!!

Safe to say our payment date has been brought forward.

Ofsted member was very snotty too! they make you feel like an idiot most of the time, we draw straws to see who will phone them! ! Its ridiculous. and what are we paying them for exactly??

Edited by humptyd12
  • Like 1

After paying £35 last year I have received notification of the direct debit for this year's payment for £50. Nothing has changed - we are still open for less than 45 weeks a year. I phoned Ofsted to query the amount to be told that we should only pay £35!!!? So how does that work???? Rogue computer in Ofsted Finance Dept? So my warning to everyone is check your statements.

Isp - I started a thread on this in the summer as we were charged much less than previous years , it is still ongoing as I am continuing to obtain a refund from Ofsted .............

After my phone call on Mon, I received this interesting email from Ofsted today. Maybe explains why our bills have been all over the place for the last few years??? :o

'Legislation changed in August 2008 stating any registration registered prior to this date the standard fee band would be charged at £50.00

Looking back on the payment history for ....... I can see the invoices for 2011 / 2012 were correctly charged at £50.00, due to a problem with our system you have been incorrectly charged for 2013 /2014 and 2015 at £35.00 therefore the invoice for 2016 is correct.'

After my phone call on Mon, I received this interesting email from Ofsted today. Maybe explains why our bills have been all over the place for the last few years??? :o

'Legislation changed in August 2008 stating any registration registered prior to this date the standard fee band would be charged at £50.00

Looking back on the payment history for ....... I can see the invoices for 2011 / 2012 were correctly charged at £50.00, due to a problem with our system you have been incorrectly charged for 2013 /2014 and 2015 at £35.00 therefore the invoice for 2016 is correct.'

So what's the big difference in the registration that makes older nurseries/pre-schools more expensive???

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)