Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

super moon eclipse

mundia

Tonight we should have an event we don't see too often.....A total lunar eclipse and Supermoon. Totality best seen between 3 and 4 am. ...great for insomniacs amongst us.

Here's hoping for a clear sky.

Anyone else?

Wot, just me then?

• Like 1

Nope me too....watched the comet things the other weeks and managed to see 6 or 7 ..totally made up with that as was really cloudy that night and only in between breaks in the cloud did i see them...

Hoping to be up for this tonight but work tom so who knows....my dog is 13 and needs a wee early hours so hopefully she will wake me up ....good luck to those who will be up...hope your sky is clear xxx

IT did go eerily dark around 3.20am, and that sort of rusty read colour. I agree it ddint seem particularly big, shame it wasn't earlier in the evening when the moon looked enormous.

|Ts unusual for us in the UK to get such clear skies for these events, usually they are hiding behind a layer of cloud.

So.......like panders I never make it through the night without a visit to the bathroom :blink: xD

Got up at 3am - eclipse not total at that time time - nothing very 'large' either but it was definitely an orange/red colour - pleased that I remembered to take a look :1b

• Like 3

Great pics Rea and Cait. Thanks for posting.

It looked really big when I went to bed about 10. Mr Gruffalo woke me about 3.15 and I stuck my head out of the window to see it - then went back to be 2 minutes later! It was quite small by that time but a very red/rusty colour.