Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding forms

I no longer send them home. I have them all on a clipboard for parents to sign at pick up time. I then provide them with the top copy once they are all sent home. We always used to be late in sending the form back as we were waiting for so many. Now we don't have that problem! It also helps that in Somerset we now do not need to send the parents forms back at all unless we are chosen for audit - we just send the master copy that I fill in.

At my last setting, I used to be put in charge of getting the forms filled in by parents. My manager would put a list on the front of who needed to do them and I would tick off when we'd got them completed.

One thing we did to help the process long was we filled in the setting information for parents, so they didn't have to do it. We didn't let the forms go home either. Parents had to fill them in there and then so the forms didn't go missing. The forms that Lincolnshire have are very simple to fill in. It's literally a case of name and address, DOB and ethnicity, whether they have SEN involvement, and a signature at the bottom.

Once I was told the forms were on the back of the register, I told everyone they were there and asked staff to try and pick up their key children's parents. Gave it a week, then I tried to catch any stragglers myself.

Our forms are really simple, Basic details of name, DOB, address, parents name, DOB, NI number, etc, ethnicity, how many hours on which days. For 2 year old funding there is a space for a reference number they receive when they have successfully applied. We fill it in on the computer and email it to the early years team, then print a copy and get the parents to sign, then file it away. We are still told to get a copy of the birth cert for the 3 & 4 year old funding, although i don't really see the point in it.