Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When asking if you or others in the household have received any cautio

mrsbat

I annually get staff to sign a health and suitability declaration form including the above title question and have never had anyone tick 'yes' so my question is that if a member of staff comes back saying that a partner for example has received a caution/conviction etc what is the next step from there? I'm assuming it is to contact ofsted? has anyone had this happen?

Many thanks :)

Mrsbat and Blondie You should have the procedure in your safeguarding policy and staff should also be aware of what you would do. Sorry am doing a read and run but you may have to check out managing an allegation and your first referral is probably to your local safeguarding board's local area designated offficer. In my part of the world known as LADO and Ofsted.

I'll be back tomorrow if someone has not already!

Mrsbat and Blondie You should have the procedure in your safeguarding policy and staff should also be aware of what you would do. Sorry am doing a read and run but you may have to check out managing an allegation and your first referral is probably to your local safeguarding board's local area designated offficer. In my part of the world known as LADO and Ofsted.

I'll be back tomorrow if someone has not already!

whoops - that's called holiday brain. Have a poster on this too.

Thanks all, I know if a member of the household has a caution or conviction because of safeguarding you go to ofsted but I was thinking more if a staff member came back and said a member of the house hold had been caught drink driving, stealing etc - it's not a danger to children theoretically (although I know it could be looked upon as) but is obviously a conviction/caution anyway......

The offence has to fall into the remit of disqualification by association, I tell my staff if in doubt if they should declare! then just declare it to me then I can look at wether or not it makes an impact. There is a document to what things it covers, I have had a few declare for partners and themselves but the cautions etc where not relevant to disqualification by association x

We have had some experience of both staff and family members having convictions. We contacted the LADO and then had to do a risk assessment with their involvement. In both cases the convictions were not related to children at all so there is no difficulty about them working. We also told Ofsted who asked about it during our inspection.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)