Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fed Up!

Apologies all, this is a moan.

l had an inspection 2 weeks ago, and to make matters worse l was on holiday and it was a malicious allegation by a staff that left, My DM called me and informed me of the inspection spoke with the inspector and informed her of the staff l suspected, because it sounded like something she would say. She was a shxt stirrer for want of a better word (excuse me).

She interviewed the staff checked records and found nothing. But obviously gave actions over little things to justify her coming, we had full inspection last year and got a good with no actions. When l got back from holidays l called a parent who had left and inquired about chq that she ''posted'' over 2 weeks ago, l told her if l dont get the chq, hundred of pounds, l will start legal action, she threaten to call OFSTED, l told her to go ahead, she did. l called OFSTED and told them she would be calling, and asked to speak to the same inspector. She called back and informed me she had received allegations, but will not come and visit because she was happy with what she saw, the lady also called the ex staff and both made separate allegations, luckily l had emails from the ex parents praising the nursery and the threaten email which l sent to them. If parents send you emails or letters keep them as prove.

It is so upsetting as we spent a lot of time on one of her child who had terrible behavioral problems, you know the child that you dread coming into nursery, because they upset the mood of other children and staff unfortunately, but towards the end he really improved, hard work of the staff, and what do we get as thank you malicious allegations.

10 years in and l need a career change, just don't know what to do, and its my business, cant have peaceful holidays, sleepless nights, and some nights have to take sleeping tablets, cant carry on like this. Thanks for reading moan over, apologies for any mistake, too tired to read over, :(

• Like 1

Oh TORO sounds like a really rough time you are having at the moment. I agree when you have spent so much energy on getting a child "right" to be thanked with allegations is soul destroying.

I can understand where you are coming from because I own my pre-school and sometimes it's a thankless task, but other times I love it to bits, I heard a saying today "if you do what you love for a living you never have to work" and I feel I do agree with that most of the time!

Take the positive away from this your Inspector backs you up - could not see any fault with your operation.

• Like 2

Oh TORO sounds like a really rough time you are having at the moment. I agree when you have spent so much energy on getting a child "right" to be thanked with allegations is soul destroying.

I can understand where you are coming from because I own my pre-school and sometimes it's a thankless task, but other times I love it to bits, I heard a saying today "if you do what you love for a living you never have to work" and I feel I do agree with that most of the time!

Take the positive away from this your Inspector backs you up - could not see any fault with your operation.

Thank you

• Like 1

I know how you feel, we went through similar last year and I also wanted to give it all up. Parent made a completely unfounded complaint, inspector agreed and we thought we could move on. You can imagine my surprise when another member of the same family asked for a place for her child! With reluctance I accepted, after eking told by our LA advisor we could not refuse her a place? A couple of weeks in the child injured another child so I mentioned it to Mum, not seen either of them since and waiting for the knock on the door as no doubt they have made another complaint.

Chin up, you will get through it and when I was at my lowest one of the children would do or say something that reminded my why I did the job x

• Like 1

hi toro,

no matter how hard we try we will never please everyone - as long as we try our best there is nothing more we can do. There will always be those that complain (and yes they usually are the ones with the challenging children) but as long as you know you have done nothing wrong then you can hold your head high.

take care x

• Like 2

Things always seem to come in phases, good and bad.. hopefully a better one will be around the corner.

The fact that it is making you stressed though is not good.. maybe a review and rethink of everything and look at ways of reducing it.. employ someone to do the basics? Delegate more? Need a break employ a manager for a while , limited contract and see where you want to go.

If anyone complains about fees and paying, Ofsted were never interested.. nothing to do with them- only if it is to do with the care and education are they interested. ....so let them complain and not worry about it.. stick to your policy and follow through.. ( but I would review policy to not allow a bill to accrue before implementing it, Ours was no payment for a week then no place.. and I stuck to it.. word soon got to parents and no one tried to default.)

Edited by Inge
  • Like 2

Things always seem to come in phases, good and bad.. hopefully a better one will be around the corner.

The fact that it is making you stressed though is not good.. maybe a review and rethink of everything and look at ways of reducing it.. employ someone to do the basics? Delegate more? Need a break employ a manager for a while , limited contract and see where you want to go.

If anyone complains about fees and paying, Ofsted were never interested.. nothing to do with them- only if it is to do with the care and education are they interested. ....so let them complain and not worry about it.. stick to your policy and follow through.. ( but I would review policy to not allow a bill to accrue before implementing it, Ours was no payment for a week then no place.. and I stuck to it.. word soon got to parents and no one tried to default.)

A very good idea thank you

• Like 1

Its not just parents you have to watch out for its practitioners too!

I've about had my fill of staff who do little for their kids & when asked tell you its all your fault and a pile of other excuses.

Ive been an owner/manager for 12yrs.

Getting parents to pay gets harder and harder.

Staff get more & more disrespectful of the job their hired to do.

Today I feel like quitting too.

However their not going to win. I'm good at my job, i'm not a hard faced boss. Just want whats bet for my kids!

• Like 1

Another owner manager sympathising.

It is a rewarding job when things go well. But so tough when they aren't going well.

Toro I am worried about you. It really does sound like you are stressed and this is not good for your health. I do think you do need a good break. If you can employ someone as manager so that you can take a step backwards and remind yourself why you do this job and enjoy a bit of space. I am sure you will come through it. You have my best of wishes during this really tricky time.

• Like 1

Its not just parents you have to watch out for its practitioners too!

I've about had my fill of staff who do little for their kids & when asked tell you its all your fault and a pile of other excuses.

Ive been an owner/manager for 12yrs.

Getting parents to pay gets harder and harder.

Staff get more & more disrespectful of the job their hired to do.

Today I feel like quitting too.

However their not going to win. I'm good at my job, i'm not a hard faced boss. Just want whats bet for my kids!

its really hard really hard...

Especially hard are this time of the year! Only a manager of committee run group but know exactly how you are feeling. Had rubbish day myself with sen funding turned down and dealing with LA! To cap it all query from parent about cheesy pasta! You gotta laugh ????? Tescos here I come.

Edited by lsp