Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eclipse

Stargrower

We just watched Stargazing Live on the computer at nursery with all our three and four year olds. We watched as the diamond ring appeared then gave a big cheer as 'totality' happened. Sadly thick grey cloud here but the sky still darkened. It's a privilege to watch and to share with our little ones.

• Like 2

What a great idea Stargrower :1b

A total non-event here really - but one of my little boys was very 'clued up' so we were still able to talk about it - and yes it did get fractionally darker.......

Oh and another little boy decided to shout "my eyes are burning. my eyes are burning" - hmmm could have done without that!

• Like 4

Beautiful clear sky, sunny morning.. so a good view of a partial eclipse being in the south-west it was about 85 to 90% here.. then watched the total on TV where they had a plane in the air to ensure it could be seen..

Second one we have seen living here.. last was in 1999 and I had the same glasses to use today..

very eerie as the sun became shielded, light totally changed, birds all went silent and it was very quiet outside.. definitely felt a temperature drop too.. took a long time to become warm again.. spent rest of the day in garden working - its lovely outside today..

Edited by Inge

Very grey but a sort of non-event sadly. However, once it was over we could notice the difference in the light, apparently one of my staff who child minds as well said one of her minders came in and said "it's the apocalypse today"!

xDxDxD well - thankfully not!

Oh - I thought you might have a good view up there - what a shame......

Yes, we were meant to have, but apparently the aurora was all the excitement we will get! Oh well, I'd rather see aurora if there's a choice.

Yes, we were meant to have, but apparently the aurora was all the excitement we will get! Oh well, I'd rather see aurora if there's a choice.

Absolutely!

Showed the photo that you posted to my youngest granddaughter last night - she was fascinated - mind you we have to bear in mind that her favourite TV programme is 'World's Weirdest Weather' - she has long chats with grandad about that! :D

• Like 1

now was it just me or did anyone have a terrible day with their children today? one of my pm ones had apparently taken herself off to bed in the middle of it all....to the astonishment of her Mother who had not said anything! :blink: I had one of those days where i begin to wonder if i should try another language as the one i am speaking is just not working <_< <_<

now was it just me or did anyone have a terrible day with their children today? one of my pm ones had apparently taken herself off to bed in the middle of it all....to the astonishment of her Mother who had not said anything! :blink: I had one of those days where i begin to wonder if i should try another language as the one i am speaking is just not working <_< <_<

Yes we did - i had already blamed the eclipse :blink: xD

Cloudy here in Suffolk too,,,,so i put my laptop on at 8.30 for our children to watch it live....they never moved until 10am...totally mesmerised i would say......better really than a sunny day when the children would not be able to go outside....30 very happy children....all able to tell their mums what had happened...taking home an orange circle and a black circle to show again what the eclipse was....totally happy children...made up teacher xx

Ours were bad this morning but calmer in the afternoon, the other way round to to our normal Friday's.

In view of eclipse just cloudy and became darker, but a few of our three to fours also clued up, so used cardboard circles on black paper and chalked over with yellow chAlk, removed circle - hey presto, the moon over the sun, they loved it! Then later they all sat down and watched it on computer on BBC website showing it from different parts of world. They sat for about 15 - 20 mins watching and asking questions with real interest. It was a great session

Mundia, you missed out there then, thought Birmingham had a good view!

The change in light afterwards was more apparent than the darkening before. Birds were very noisy here beforehand but at the actual "time" I was driving so no idea what was happening outside!

NO aurora or moon here either so altogether very disappointing.