Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knock, ring Ofsted at the door!

sunnyday

Fabulous boost and just what you needed after the month you've had so far! Well done!

I do think the whole system is ridiculous, I remember one year our inspector even complained about it! He said that someone could be inspected in March, and then they did a system reset thing and the same setting could be done again in April.

I'm pretty sure that Social Services did them annually, back in the day, so at least there wasn't the awful waiting, you know which term they would be due. Ofsted do seem to have a very casual disregard of the impact that waiting has on our lives!

• Like 2

You're right Cait....back in the day they did, you could build a relationship with them, it was someone consistent at the end of the phone who actually knew your setting for more than a few hours on a given day (that might or might not be a good one) once every 4 or 5 years never to be seen again or even do the follow up if it didn't go well, which makes no sense to me at all, one can come in and pull things to pieces and another, to check you've made the improvements that they wouldn't necessarily picked up on in the first place :( ......but having said that I have had 2 inspections by an inspector who was my 'under 8's worker' for many years :)

• Like 1

Eh what er......PRAMS or tapestry?

prams.....can't do tapestry at the mo (and the internet is awful at work only works in half the building!)

Did moderation with local school a couple of weeks ago definitely need to be able to analyse my results in a clearer way!

prams.....can't do tapestry at the mo (and the internet is awful at work only works in half the building!)

Did moderation with local school a couple of weeks ago definitely need to be able to analyse my results in a clearer way!

Well I really like PRAMS and I am a self-confessed numpty with anything technology based but I've managed to find my way round and there is great back up and support from Matt if needed :1b

I did try the Kent tracker for a while having attended a Leadership and Management training course where it was recommended - I couldn't get to grips with that at all - ended up just feeling frustrated and resentful because of the hours that I had wasted even trying :(

Are you overdue for Ofsted too?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that Social Services did them annually, back in the day, so at least there wasn't the awful waiting, you know which term they would be due. Ofsted do seem to have a very casual disregard of the impact that waiting has on our lives!

Those were the days - I would go back there in a heartbeat - no funding either - brilliant - we could set our own fees - yay (obviously that's said with no regard at all for parents)

My inspector told me that she used to run her own setting but gave up because of the pressure - says it all really doesn't it

• Like 2

Are you overdue for Ofsted too?

well i can't believe that we were inspected in 2012 and i'm beginning to panic already! Our local school is on special measures so inspectors are in the vicinity all the time!

We seem to be going through a period of flux and that's giving me a headache because i know there are things i need to do but i just do not have the time (perhaps i ought to crack on instead of being on here!) :o:ph34r: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

Never! :o

This is research (as well as fun!) - seriously lots of snippets of info gained from here helped me through the process yesterday :1b

My Lea have just decided that they will not be subscribing......my deputy said well we're not giving that up ...you wouldn't know anything if it wasn't for the forum! :o:o:oxD

• Like 7

Yes. I have had cause to be grateful for the great information on this forum for many an Ofsted! I wouldn't have known a great deal of information if not for the updates on here.

• Like 3

Those were the days! Our social worker vetted me as a child minder, then pre-school committee member and then as a pre-school assistant. She would always find something we needed to improve and then say but you're doing a grand job! She not only inspected us once a year, she would drop in unannounced on her way to somewhere else, so we knew her well and she could keep us on our toes.

• Like 3

Absolutely! And she understood that the building wasn't ours to do as we wanted with, and would back us up with requests to the headteacher for changes to the room! She would add things to her report or change wording to emphasise something to help us with grant applications! Such great, simple times

• Like 2