Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

OFSTED fees?

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much the annual fee is for a pre-school registered llat year, open 4 hrs , term time only? When I do a search it just takes me to the gov gateway to pay.

Thanks

reading that it says

Childcare providers on domestic or non-domestic premises pay a reduced fee of £35 for the Early Years Register if they work for less than 3 hours a day, or less than 5 days a week, or less than 45 weeks a year.

note the OR bit.. surely worded like that you only have to have one of those criteria to comply with the lower fee..so being open less than 45 weeks a year would be the lower fee...( I must admit to arguing our case with this one years ago now and they eventually saw my issue and charged me the lower fee as we were only open 38 weeks, but it was all day from 9-3. )

plus no where on that does it give a £50.00 fee... but then that page only really refers to fees when registering.. not for those already registered..

The letter provided above.. does give different criteria for time open before and after sept 08.

Ofsted answered my email with this link

https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/how-to-apply

I'm not sure now, because our sessions are less than 3 hours but two days a week we have 2 sessions :huh:

i notice on that site there is a health declaration - it looks like for all people working with children as part of the ratio - are we able to do this?

We are full day care and pay £220 a year; we were registered before Ofsted was even a twinkle in the governments eye!! *Sigh* Just another lot of money that is taken from us in exchange for a knock on the door and a whole load of pressure!! ;-)