Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Printers?

narnia

My beloved old Kodak printer is telling me it needs a new printhead, which seems to be expensive at £40 a pop! So, might have to look at replacing it, BUT what to get.............I want one that does all my printing needs, but without horribly expensive ink ( one of the reasons I love the Kodak). What can you recommend?

Edited by narnia

Ah, WHICH did a thing on this but I've cancelled my subscription now. Do you know anyone that has one? I always love my Epson brand and have had them all my printing life after the old original mono HP died. I like the individual inks, so you change one at a time instead of wasting ink. The newer models are much cheaper inks - I got a new multifunction one for work just before I left, so they had a backup spare - previously I just brought things back here to print if the work one ran out of ink. Don't be tempted to use compatible inks though, with an Epson. They really don't like it

I have a Cannon printer which does a lot of printing

It does back to back printing with out having to turn the paper yourself which is a MUST for me

It has individual inks, which like Cait says saves money

I do use compatible inks and have had no problems (yet!) it's lasted about 3 years so far - I've also had an Epson which died when we used compatible inks.

Lucky you Narnia. I have a wireless HP Photosmart, my second - not very happy with it at the moment though. When working it does a good print job and separate inks, but not particularly cheap unless they are on offer, which I constantly look out for.

My current issue is my laptop wont recognise the printer, anyway, as I was desperate last night, I put what I wanted printing onto a stick and put it into my husbands laptop expecting it to print off on his printer beside his desk, but oh no......... it printed off on my printer! All of this has happened all of a sudden without any big reason as far as I can see. Now I have to work out why!

Technology I just love it.

If anyone has HP and has a Staples close by do check them for a cartridge trade in scheme..

If you take in an empty hp cartridge you get £2.00 off another one.. up to a max of 5 per transaction... I took in 5 empty cartridges got £10.00 off when buying one cartridge, it cost me £2.50.. as we had 10 empty ones we did it in 2 transactions and got another one with £10.00 off..

It is not highly advertised other than in store... so do check your local one and ask..

also if you ask parents for empty hp cartridges to use you could save more..

• Like 3

If anyone has HP and has a Staples close by do check them for a cartridge trade in scheme..

If you take in an empty hp cartridge you get £2.00 off another one.. up to a max of 5 per transaction... I took in 5 empty cartridges got £10.00 off when buying one cartridge, it cost me £2.50.. as we had 10 empty ones we did it in 2 transactions and got another one with £10.00 off..

It is not highly advertised other than in store... so do check your local one and ask..

also if you ask parents for empty hp cartridges to use you could save more..

Inge - you complete star - I didn't know that........

• Like 2

My current issue is my laptop wont recognise the printer, anyway, as I was desperate last night, I put what I wanted printing onto a stick and put it into my husbands laptop expecting it to print off on his printer beside his desk, but oh no......... it printed off on my printer! All of this has happened all of a sudden without any big reason as far as I can see. Now I have to work out why!

Have you tried kicking it? :blink:

Lucky you Narnia. I have a wireless HP Photosmart, my second - not very happy with it at the moment though. When working it does a good print job and separate inks, but not particularly cheap unless they are on offer, which I constantly look out for.

Technology I just love it.

Panders, I have an HP Photosmart 5520 and I always use compatible inks (from N&J Inkjet) - the cost is £17.98 for TWO full sets, AND, in my opinion the ink colour is better!

Panders, I have an HP Photosmart 5520 and I always use compatible inks (from N&J Inkjet) - the cost is £17.98 for TWO full sets, AND, in my opinion the ink colour is better!

Thank you Devonmaid, I do like the print quality (when it's printing that is), and invariably find Staples the best price around me, but haven't ever looked online for cartridges - will check out N&J Inkjet thanks.