Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Times!

Melba

How sad it is reading all the comments of all of us who are having a rough time one way or another and even thinking of giving up on this profession. Believe me I have had my share this term!

So I thought I might try and start a happy theme.

The thing that made me the most happy this week:

The little 2 year old in her furry coat that made her almost as wide as she is tall, running from one puddle to the next, arms in the air and making a sound roughly like a very happy Minion! I could have watched that all day.

• Like 3

My little boy who has lots of 'issues' and some very challenging behaviour came to show me a whiteboard with a clear letter i on it and he said "I made an I".

A little girl with EAL finally got the confidence to have a go at some writing today instead of just saying "I can't."

In DT we were doing evaluations of the bread we made (2 stars and a wish) and one boy said "I wish it could punch". A little perplexed I enquired further - turned out he meant his Skylander toy.

The head has videoed my class tidy up time to use as an example for the rest of the school.

• Like 2

Sadly this thread is not filling as quickly as the other did. :(

I have actually had a lovely week with the children xD (staff and families too)

As a team we are currently under a lot of stress which is actually nothing to do with staff, children or parents... it's not even Ofsted related! :(, which is putting us all under a lot of pressure and uncertainty :( :( :(

We are all trying to be positive though especially at this time of year - even if it is just for the children :1b :D ::1a

Happy time today when one of my little girls turned and said out of the blue Jo your beautiful , when I replied is it my glasses ( don't wear all the time ) she replied no when you have not glasses your still beautiful ! Made my Friday :)

Not a recent 'happy' but a very fond memory. About 5 years ago one little boy asked "Are you in love?" Spluttering a little I said, "No. Why?!" And he replied,"because you look beautiful today and when people are in love they look beautiful!"

• Like 2

we have a girl who has very recently lost her Mum :( the fire alarms went off today and we had to evacuate...when outside we were chatting about smoke detectors she suddenly said ...."when my Mummy was alive she burnt the chips and set off the alarms!" we giggled about it which was rather lovely to hear her talking about Mum...sort of happy and a bit sad too :mellow: :huh:

• Like 6

We attempted a complete run through of our nativity and our children were fantastic including pigs who rolled around in the mud really enjoying themselves.

One of our younger children addressed me by my name. I am so office bound these days I didn't know he knew my name. Made me smile.

• Like 1

My severely deaf key child, who according to her hearing impairment teacher is not making enough progress, tried to say my name for the first time yesterday. I almost cried with pride.

We have to keep this thread above the 'moment' thread xD :lol: xD

We must keep thinking of the positives :1b

Today has been lovely, Christmas songs (children's) playing all morning.

To be honest we had such a horrendous year last year with one particular SEN child that this term seems a doodle in comparison :rolleyes:

Costumes out today - and they're all there!

Usually have to scrabble around getting back the shepherds and kings KS1 'borrow'!

:D

Also children had a lovely time this afternoon painting our boring shed - very good for their shoulder muscles. Hope the rain doesn't wash it all off tonight.