Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

photos in learning journeys of other children

On their registration form parents sign to say whether they are happy for photos of their child to be in other children's documentation. If they say no that's fine, we either blank the face (which I hate doing!) or just try not to catch them in the pic (very hard!) Thankfully we haven't any at the moment that say no! They also sign to say amongst this whether or not they are happy for students and staff to use in college work.

• Like 1

We have a full "Visual Image Capture" permission form that parents sign that includes such things as photos, videos, events that may lead to photos appearing the the press etc. Most parents accept that photos of their child may appear in other children's learning journeys and sign up accordingly.

On the odd occasion we have parents/carers who can't / won't let their child appear in photos so we keep their photos separate and make a value judgement on whether to crop the child out or not. Like Sunnyday I don't like blanking out faces. We also tell parents / carers that they will in all probability not get as many photos of their child in their learning journeys too.

Mouseketeer - the £35 thingy sounds suspiciously like the annual fee to the Information Commissionaire when you register on the Data Protection Register.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much,I hate the thought of blanking out faces,we are a small setting and all the children know each other I think it would upset them looking through their LJ seeing that as they love to look through them and talk about what they were doing with their friends..

I have added it to our admissions permission letter xx

• Like 1

Thank you for pointing me in right direction...so is this something every else has/ we should have ?

Have had a quick look and it says the 'data protection act' requires that every organisation holding information should be registered :/ I knew nothing about it and no one has ever asked :(

Edited by Mouseketeer

Lol how are we supposed to know if no one tells us ?

your lea should have informed you. To be honest it has only become relevant for most of us in the last couple of years as we have started to keep personal information on computers

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)