Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can I wibble please?

Froglet

Just feeling in need of a hug and before anyone says anything I do know that this stuff is so much easier than many, many other people have it and I'm not moaning exactly just wibbling a bit. I am over tired from writing reports, have been up since 3.30am, have a bad head and an old whiplash injury is playing up - the painkillers haven't kicked in.

I've just run my first infant choir session which was lovely but I find myself wondering how I manage to run 2 in a year and other teachers don't do any.

Have just heard that someone has got an interview for a new job and while I'm pleased for them I will miss them very much.

I have just got my probable class list for next year and am feeling overwhelmed by it. 30 children, 11 Y1, 19 YR. 1 EAL child in Y1 who is new to the school, SEN child from this year - very bright and adorable but has a language disorder which makes it SO difficult to help him learn anything, new SEN child joining reception who is 'high needs', will need medication giving, support for toiletting and eating, I didn't know this until just a few weeks ago and am now trying to fit in moving and handling courses, getting adapted furniture sorted etc. I have no idea what TA support I'll get next year but given the needs of some other children in school I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 7 ish hours I get now.

I have no idea what to eat for tea and I still have to finish 8 reports by the end of the week.

Ok, wibble over - tell me to shut up and get on with it now!

• Like 1

I don't know what to add but have (((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))) :1b

Things will seem better once the dreaded reports are out of the way though. Whilst they are hanging over you nothing will seem possible. :(

As for tea, have what I have just had 'left-overs' ... but mainly a couple of desserts from the weekend. xD :lol: xD I'm home alone so feel I can behave badly.... two desserts and wine. Best dinner this week.

xxxx

• Like 3

Oh Froglet, sounds like a wretched few days for you and with the anxiety about new class it's pulling you down. Sending virtual hugs and hoping the painkillers kick in soon. I have yet to begin my reports but have way less than you do but finding many reasons to put it off! Watching the tiger programme at the moment so cute and distracting!

• Like 1

where do all your TA's go then? surely pupil premium would support a full time TA with you? these are vulnerable children. and toileting/medication can't be done by you alone - what are other 29 children going to be doing? if extra support was put into early years the school would benefit in the long run with better key 1 results. but of course key 2 is what counts for many schools .....

so sorry you feel so sad/overwhelmed. am in middle of doing 29 reports. due in friday and 7 to go. and i'm a slow typer!

It's a small school. Very low pupil premium. We have 1 full time TA and 3 part time. 2 of them (including the full time one) provide HLTA cover for PPA. We don't have high SEN in General but we have acquired a reputation for inclusion and managing challenging behaviour well and generally being 'nurturing' lovely in many ways but it seems to mean we are getting more children who are 'emotionally vulnerable' in some way. They take time and people to support but we don't get any extra money for them. I shouldn't have mentioned the TA time - I have no idea how much I'll get and I won't be left to manage on my own - can you imagine me taking a class of 30 to the toilet because one child needed me!

Hi Froglet,

I think this a funny time of year as it seems like the workload should be easing off a bit but it just seems to be growing! Reports are a real bind aren't they. As much as I like giving the reports to parents and receiving them as a parent there is nothing that can make them exciting! I wish I could just talk about each child and record it! I've still got half my class to do and have set Saturday aside to do it!

Sorry that you are worrying about your new class - I'm sure you will do a great job and like others have said, it probably won't seem quite as overwhelming when reports are out of the way.

Hope you are feeling a bit better. Keep plodding on...!

Green Hippo x

• Like 1

Ok, wibble over - tell me to shut up and get on with it now!

Well if you can't come on here, have a wibble and get a sympathetic response, then it is time for me to leave, I think.

It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate just now - be a little kind to yourself, plan a treat (or eat a lot of chocolate/drink a lot of wine) - its the tough end of the year for many of us and you've every right to feel the pressure right now.

Hope it feels better to get it off your chest (and I hope those pain killers kick in soon).

Take care of yourself! :wub:

• Like 2

Thank you again!

Hope it feels better to get it off your chest (and I hope those pain killers kick in soon).

Take care of yourself! :wub:

It does, I feel like I can breathe again. Headache has eased. Neck is still painful but I'm going to put some weird, stinky but usually effective aloe Vera stuff on it and see if I can get a decent night's sleep rather than beating myself up over reports again.

So sorry I missed this last night.........have a morning hug from me x

Thank you (and to you too Sue - you added your message after I started typing) - morning hugs are good! Have been up since 3.30 again but I have written 3 reports this morning and stinky stuff helped my neck so I can move it again. Plus my leaky shower was fixed last night so as long as I can manage to lift the bags of builders sand out of it this evening I should be able to have a proper shower for the first time in 3 weeks!

I am going to smile all day and remind myself that the somewhat pompous boy who will be staying with me next year (have a feeling his parents won't be impressed) is only 5 and I shouldn't get wound up by him!

Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone - I really needed your encouragement. Have shed a few tears but reports are done bar editing, I got more than 4 1/2 hours sleep last night. I did shout at one of my children this pm which, of course, made me feel bad but I think he'll survive. Looking forward to a weekend of restoring order to my home, eating proper food again and rest preparing for my visit of new ones next week. Probably going to make some cake too just 'cos I need to!

Thank you all again!

I think we are all feeling the end of term pressure!Just think count down to the holiday:) Have a glass of wine, put your feet up and here is a big HUG can you send me one too? I have 2 trips and an end of year presentation. then I'm off. Still lots of paperwork to do and I haven't had dinner.