Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registered with ICO?

HI all.

Not sure if you remember me? Still manager of OSC but also will now be managing small pre-school. Just been notified by OFSTED (got registration visit this week) of new updated doc Registering on Early Years register. It now mentions that we should check if we should also be registered with Information Commisioners Office if we are taking photos of children.

Just wondered if any of you have done this?

Thanks for any info.

yes we too were registered...

not sure if their site still has it but there used to be a aeries of questions to answer and it then said if you needed to register or not....

welcome back Marley.. looks like all is going well..

Edited by Inge

I'd never heard of this Thank you. Here is the link to check if you need to register http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/registration/self-assessment/1

We are a not for profit making organisation so don't have to register but it says you can register voluntarily if wanted - is there any benefit to it does anyone know?

When I went to the link to check it said it was an 'On-line assessment that might take between 1-5mins to take'

I clicked to carry on but the next screen doesn't ask anymore questions except as to whether I thought I was exempt due to being non-profit

But when I clicked on no and answered the questions it comes up saying 'yes' you do need to register! :blink:

When I went to the link to check it said it was an 'On-line assessment that might take between 1-5mins to take'

I clicked to carry on but the next screen doesn't ask anymore questions except as to whether I thought I was exempt due to being non-profit

But when I clicked on no and answered the questions it comes up saying 'yes' you do need to register! :blink:

I clicked on the yes exempt bit after reading what it said for the non profit making ones.........sorry didn't go any further as assumed because we are non profit making that we don't have too but now I don't have a clue if we do or not :huh:

• Like 1

"As a not-for-profit organisation is all of your processing covered by the following descriptions?

- Your processing is only for the purposes of establishing or maintaining membership or support for a body or association not established or conducted for profit, or providing or administering activities for individuals who are either members of the body or association or have regular contact with it.

- Your data subjects are restricted to the processing of those for whom personal information is necessary for this exempt purpose.

- Your data classes are restricted to personal information that is necessary for this exempt purpose.

-Your disclosures other than those made with the consent of the data subject are restricted to those third parties that are necessary for this exempt purpose.

- The personal information is not kept after the relationship between you and the data subject ends, unless (and for so long as) it is necessary to do so for the exempt purpose.

YES to all - No requirement to notify"

Edited by Wildflowers

our lea now insist on this (£35 as said) if you keep anything in digital format you should be registered

Is that anything or just photo's please? We don't keep any digital photo's but I do type the registers etc up.........

Is that anything or just photo's please? We don't keep any digital photo's but I do type the registers etc up.........

we've been advised that it is anything that is sensitive...so stuff that is in the public domain is fine but as soon as you start to add dates of birth and addresses you're a bit stuck! I guess if you think what would happen if my computer was stolen...would people be able to use that information to their advantage then that's where you need to start to register. Foe years i was under the impression that we didn't have to but now i keep registration records on there and type up sen reports etc on my laptop. There have been several cases in the press about schools having issues with this.

• 2 weeks later...