Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised EYFS sept 2014?

skippy

Yes, this was mentioned in the last response to one consultation or other, I cant recall the name but it was the one which talked about relaxing the ratios for after school clubs, and not needing registration for 2 year olds in schools. Also around the regulation of childminders. If I dig it out Ill do the link.

I dont think the response about baselines is out yet but that is also likely to change the assessment arrangements, but I don't know if that's going to be for 2014 or later.

I think the children and families bill was passed this week so its might be in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone confirm for me whether practitioners that are being counted in ratio as having a level 3 qualification, also have to have GCSE's in Mathematics and English? It seems to be added as an afterthought in a footnote.

Also, if this is the case, how do small preschools accommodate this if staff already working do not have GCSE's and cannot achieve these by September?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)