Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Doorbells

suppose it depends on location... we had one from Asda worked really well.. cordless .. that was until someone stole the bell push...replace it for a repeat steal... so not good in our location .. we gave up!

We put ours bell push up with Velcro and take it in when we close up! :) :) :) x

We have a wireless doorbell which we hang on the front door and take down when we're not there. There does seem to be mornings however when it goes off when no-one is there. Seems to be set off by car remote control locking, Drives me mad some days!

That's what happens to my one at home........ all the time. I thought it was someone winding me up at first xD

We had one that worked perfectly- except with a full quota of children in we just couldnt hear it. I tried carrying it in my pocket but between that, the phone, tissues, dis gloves, pen and all sorts it was too much for my poor pocket. We are in an extremely large church hall with 30 foot + high ceilings, and our acoustics are dreadful.

We don't have one, we have floor to ceiling windows though and people are asked to wave at us through the window and dance at the same time....... And people do, it's hilarious. Children are then heard shouting man at door dancing or women at door waving !

We don't have one, we have floor to ceiling windows though and people are asked to wave at us through the window and dance at the same time....... And people do, it's hilarious. Children are then heard shouting man at door dancing or women at door waving !

reminds me of when we were in the old building...we had no post box so the postman used to have to knock and come in....only to be greeted by a rendition of postman pat daily!

• Like 1

Guest youngrisers

B&Q one which plays many pretty tunes and drives us made mind you the door alarms drive us mad too...constant . choose one you like with a good tune dingdong avon calling seems to be popular

We had a cordless one and so did next door. We got it as my childminding playroom is in the basement and I couldn't hear the front door when parents came to collect. Ours would ring when someone rang next doors bell but not when they rang ours. It used to ring for no reason also. We eventually got a battery operated one which works fine but cant hear it when the children are being noisy.

We live in an old Victorian terraced house so may have something to do with this as we also had cordless phones which didn't work!

Edited by JoanneLouise