Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping Ofsted in the know?

Afternoon everyone.

I've got the Preschool Christmas Party running on Friday which is being held for 2 hours within the usual session time but have invited all children even if they don't usually attend Fridays. We are registered for 26 children but there will be 31 attending and ratios will be correct so do we contact Ofsted to let them know? We are due an inspection but hoping that they won't choose the last day of term before Christmas!

My understanding is that as long as you are in ratio and you have the correct amount of space then you don't have a number limit - although please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know we don't have a limit on numbers on our certificate any more. I think it all changed yet again with the EYFS change last September :)

Our Inspector said that as long as you meet the space requirements and have noted down somewhere that you've checked this and any risk assessment needed for the extra number - which could be just minutes of a staff meeting - you are ok. (as long as ratio is ok, of course)