Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bake off

Panders

Told myself I wouldn't let Paul Hollywood get to me this year, especially after the revelations about his American adventures! however! it's the eyes and his passion that get me every time. Not forgiven him, nor will I forget what he's been up to but.....ooh he is lovely

• Like 1

I would just love to be able to knead dough with one hand the way he can! Still, I keep practising and the masterclasses are inspiring me to go and bake some things I've never done before!

Helen - would you please have a go at the iced tea loaf for when i next pop up for a cuppa?! :1b

Helen - would you please have a go at the iced tea loaf for when i next pop up for a cuppa?! :1b

Sunnyday - specially for you!

post-26037-0-94086300-1383509249_thumb.jpg

I just made some tomato soup too - perfect for bonfire night (and an excellent tool in procrastinating about finishing off the planning!)

• Like 1

Cake was luvverly Helen - nice of you to leave the door unlocked for us - hope we didn't make too much mess?

Glad you enjoyed it! Given the mess already here I'm surprised you're not suing me for injury caused by tripping over something that shouldn't be there at all!

How about an American style cheesecake with red velvet layers? On nom!

Sounds good! I'm thinking I might go through a bake off specials phase - I quite fancy having a go at those chocolate eclair nun things!

I popped tv on earlier and Mr H had another programme running called Pies and Puddings, the 2 women (members of the public I think) were flirting outrageously with him tut, tut, -and I see from my paper today that they are seriously trying to reconcile their differences, Mr and Mrs. Hollywood, I mean.

Aha - Panders I recorded that and watched it late last night - agreed, those ladies were flirting - honestly some people - we wouldn't behave like that would we.......anyway - what I wanted to tell you (though being a super fan you probably know this) it turns out that the silverfox lives in our very own sunny Kent :1b

• Like 1

If there's any stalking to be done I would suggest we go together - there's safety in numbers! xD

Well, obviously we'll need supplies, so, best get back to Helen's for more iced bun loaf! and anything else she has lying around, did she say she had made soup, that would be good in the thermos to keep us going.

• Like 1

Well, obviously we'll need supplies, so, best get back to Helen's for more iced bun loaf! and anything else she has lying around, did she say she had made soup, that would be good in the thermos to keep us going.

Right - good plan - and I'll bring those empty bread bags.........OK? :D

Right - good plan - and I'll bring those empty bread bags.........OK? :D

Always handy - have loads of collections of useful things (toilet roll tubes, teabag boxes etc) that need bagging up for school.

You think there's any left?! I had a governor's meeting and my first lesson observation of the year to get through! There is tons of soup though and I have plenty of ingredients to knock up a few quick cobs. I can always make emergency biscuits. I do have a couple of very moist chocolate fairy cakes that I made at half ten last night as I suddenly realised I needed to convert spoons into grams for my HA in my maths lesson and obviously needed to check that I'd got the conversion right!