Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Laptop driving me loopy

Panders

For about a week or so now my laptop has take it into it's head to shut down after it has been on for a little while, I have nt timed it but it does seem to be fairly random. Could it be over heating? It does feel warm to the touch, but it has for as long as I can remember. This evening I thought when I wasn't using it I would make it hibernate, but thaT hasn't helped either it has just cut out.

Do you think it's terminal? Time to buy another?

funny you should say that but mine has been doing the same... shuts down for no reason... works immediately when I restart it.. .. totally random.. sometimes after only 20 mins so not overheating..often when I am typing though so thought I was hitting a random shut down key somewhere.. it is a hand me down so quite old.. it is all I have so will have to last a while longer..

• Like 1

When mine did that the man at the shop said it was terminal. He tried a new hard drive but it didn't help. It was something to do with the power input, it wasn't recharging the battery either. I had to buy another........

• Like 1

Hmm. I used to take the battery out of one of my laptops if I was going to run it off the mains for a long time, I'm not sure if the modern ones would allow you to do that!

Sometimes it can be something as simple as v. fine dust on/near the battery/laptop connection points - it is worth taking the battery out and blowing the connection point areas clear - no cleaning products required! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

although i would agree with sue j if this doesn't help it is proabably the battery. (especially dell machines!) if it is the battery DO NOT go to the manufacturers site try to amazon it...they will be a much better price! but batteries are expensive :(

Sometimes it can be something as simple as v. fine dust on/near the battery/laptop connection points - it is worth taking the battery out and blowing the connection point areas clear - no cleaning products required! :rolleyes:

:o Honestly are you insinuating there may be dust in the house of my little black and white furry friend - perish the thought :rolleyes:

• Like 2

My sincerest apologies - I didn't realise that we had time to clean (or at least that's what I keeping telling Mr SueJ) xD

Surely Sunnyday you could put your cleaning time to better use by doing your SEF :D:D:D

:o um :blink: er :blink: .......think you have completely the wrong idea here - my SEF is obviously completely up to date.........(not!) xD

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)