Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I cried.............

narnia

Had to attend my first ever DISM today. All going well, and I gave my views about the child concerned. It has been recommended that the child attends a few sessions at the local opportunity group, in addition to my setting. All was well really, until they asked for the father's opinion. He went very quiet, then said, 'yes, I am pleased that he can come to the opportunity group, but I have to say that i want to thank X (my setting) for giving me back my son'...........silence. Total utter silence. I looked at him, he looked at me, then he said.....' She ( me) has given me back my son. I don't live with him and when I do see him, I see wonderful differences every time. She has done that'............now, I don't know about you, but I defy you to have sat there with dry eyes. I am dumfounded and humbled in equal measures. And THAT, my dear friends, is why we do our jobs,put up with horrid parents and non-payers. Because very now and again, someone thinks you get it right........and says so. I am not telling this blow my own trumpet. I am doing this to celebrate a child who is developing, ever so slowly, bit by bit, but who has grown in leaps and bounds in his father's eyes. I salute all children who grow in the face of some awful difficulties.........and parents who love them and appreciate every single gain, however small. ^_^

• Like 19

What a lovely post to read on a dark Monday morning, thanks so much for sharing. You're right, this is why we do the job we do because we know we make a difference. Well done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)