Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Big low for me, someone broke in to my nursery, wrenched the safe off the wall and prised it open and stole rather a large sum of money.

Plus my dog who I got when we lost our little boy 9 years ago has had a fit tonight and seems like his heart condition is getting worse.

Feeling emotionally rung out :(

Oh Laura, So, so sorry to hear that you lost your little boy, big virtual hug from me as well. Terrible to hear that someone broke in to your nursery that is awful. I hope your dog is OK and that the fit is a one off, from one dog lover to another I wish you well and hope things improve.

thank you, well he had 3 over night and this morning. Took him to the vet thinking this is it, but he perked up! Vet has changed his heart meds so we'll see if that helps but I know that if he doesn't ...well :(

We had some money taken in July and thought it was one of our staff members, so we got a safe, thought that would solve the problem. We now think someone came in on sunday night (on Monday we found a door unlocked but didn't think anything of it) and saw the safe, so came back prepared. Sad to say we have our suspicions but there were no fingerprints so we can't prove anything. They knew there was money in it, took nothing else even though there was a laptop and camera on the desk, plus 2 other laptops and tons of cameras in the building.

After my depressing post, a high point of the week was going to do music (my passion!) with the reception children where I work a day and a half, and seeing all my old nursery children, and to have one parent message me to say how excited her little boy had been that i'd gone to his class :)

For future reference........

When attending any sort of 'posh do' I always wear the rather lovely balaclava that Helen knitted for me last year! :1b

I should think so too! ;):D

I, on the other hand, am almost invariably found in slippers or failing that fluffy socks. Of course, on this occasion I also had goggles and my thermal sarong!

• Like 2

I should think so too! ;):D

I, on the other hand, am almost invariably found in slippers or failing that fluffy socks. Of course, on this occasion I also had goggles and my thermal sarong!

Oh a 'thermal sarong' - that sounds really useful........ :blink: wonder if that would team up rather nicely with the balaclava.........

• Like 1

Surprise me! :D

Goodness - the 'lack of manners' afflicting my newbies is obviously contagious :ph34r: that should, of course, be 'surprise me' please! :1b

Will do!

I am wondering what anyone new to the forum has as their mental picture of us all... giraffe costumes, fur coats in a hot tub, balaclavas and thermal sarongs?! :ph34r: :blink:

Today has mostly been a better day apart from temporarily mislaying one of my children (all safe and sound but I can see this one is going to give me more than my fair share of heart stopping moments this year!) I was also playing 'bedtime' and being read a very lovely story by one of my little girls but lying on the floor with my eyes closed meant I was just moments away from actually falling asleep! (I hasten to add that wasn't the time when I mislaid the other one!)

• Like 5

I am wondering what anyone new to the forum has as their mental picture of us all... giraffe costumes, fur coats in a hot tub, balaclavas and thermal sarongs?! :ph34r: :blink:

Hopefully they will think 'this lot know how to have a giraffe - sorry I mean laugh ;)xD alternatively they might think 'this lot are barking mad' :blink:

Glad your day has been better! Mine too! :1b and it's getting better by the minute cos I'm so excited about my thermal sarong! :rolleyes: xD

• Like 2

This week has been better than last

My baby has decided that he can make friends and that uni is going to okay, he even managed to find the launderette and use it.

Hubby is home from his trip and brought Belgian chocolates and more bottles of prosecco from duty free

Another 5 parents have commmented on how much they love Tapestry (and I sucessfully 'sold' it to other settings at a cluster meeting this week)

My complaining parent continues to bug me but I have broad shoulders and as shes the only one ever to complain in 21 years then I can let it go.

Now to sit back, have a cuppa then go to ballroom fitness followed by burlesque trial tmw. On the whole life is good.

Edited by max321