Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted for staff

skippy

In my setting we have new staff who have not been through an inspection before. I thought I could put together some questions and answers such as;

What should I do if Ofsted turn up

What will they do etc

Has anyone got any ideas of what I could include. We are overdue an inspection and know they will be here soon but want to be prepared?

Hop you can help...... :huh: :D

Hi the only staff Mrs Ofsted spoke to were myself as manager and the keypersons of the two observed children that she had chosen.

I would be more sure that they know who is the named responsible person for specific job roles. So things like safeguarding, child protection, ENCO, SENCO, etc.

Can I suggest the most important thing is to have your routine like you always do.

Sell your setting and your wonderful nurturing environment and you will be fine.

Remember they really don't want you to fail they are there to ensure good practice for all.

Have to say it really wasn't as daunting as I thought it was going to be.

Fingers crossed it goes well for you. :)

• Like 1

Just been inspected and Ofsted Inspector spoke to all staff but on a very general level. As previously mentioned staff must know their key children really well - there were no trick questions etc but our inspector had a good read of their learning journeys then asked a couple of questions. It isn't as scary as it's sounds and try and get them to relax and work as normal - one of my staff panicked and completely took over the activity from the children which was picked up on - not something she

would normally have done.

• Like 1

I am in a similar position..... we are a new nursery and we are due our first inspection any day now. We have some staff who have never experienced ofsted and it does make me a little nervous as to what they will be asked, how they will react etc. I have thought about putting together a little 'quiz' for all the staff which I will ask them to complete before their supervisions next week. This will include things that they should know and they may be asked during an inspection. I will cover safeguarding, fire evacuation, health and safety, questions about their roles as a key person etc. I will explain to the staff that this is not a quiz as such and they will not be in "trouble" if they do not know all the answers, it is just a tool for me to be aware of what they know and what they need to know...... hopefullly this will put my mind at rest as much as theirs!

ours came today, asked the youngest member of staff( who also happened to be the newest) questions on safe guarding

who is your designated person?

what do you do if a child discloses something to you?

what do you do if you are not satisfied that the designated person has taken the matter seriously?

who do you talk to about your concerns?

luckily for our staff member, I had talked to her yesterday and these were the exact things I said lol

second day back, brand new set up at work, new staff members ......luckily for us the inspector loved the setting and only found two very minor things to recommend lol

• Like 1

ours came today, asked the youngest member of staff( who also happened to be the newest) questions on safe guarding

who is your designated person?

what do you do if a child discloses something to you?

what do you do if you are not satisfied that the designated person has taken the matter seriously?

who do you talk to about your concerns?

luckily for our staff member, I had talked to her yesterday and these were the exact things I said lol

second day back, brand new set up at work, new staff members ......luckily for us the inspector loved the setting and only found two very minor things to recommend lol

Well done to you and your team! :1b

• Like 1