Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

babies for me !

lashes2508

I decided to have some more babies - my 2 kittens - one gorgeous ginger boy and one black girl from the RSPCA - yes they cost £100 each but so worth it and all jabs, neutering etc covered in the price and i have the wonderful feeling that i have been able to give a forever home to abandoned animals.

So we get them home and they are so wonderful - sadly my older cat is not too impressed but she forgets she was in the same position once !

we have struggled over names and feel we may have finally decided - Bella for the girl and Jango for the boy but could possibly change to Leo or Romeo - they all end in 'o' so guessing whatever one of those we call him he will respond.

Its amazing how they can be so distracting and how wonderful it is to cuddle them , watch them play and learn new things - just like children

so my holidays will be filled with the curiosity of cats :P

• Like 1

2 bundles of cuteness...

we adopted one from RSPCA 2 years ago now, but had an older cat about 18 months and black as they are harder to re home.. yes the charge is well worth it as it covers all the usual costs needed..

he was joined by my sons 2 , 6 months later when they emigrated.. they are about the same age , and so lucky all very quickly became friends and now play and sleep together, now have a black, a white and a ginger one.. all toms..

• Like 1

2 bundles of cuteness...

we adopted one from RSPCA 2 years ago now, but had an older cat about 18 months and black as they are harder to re home.. yes the charge is well worth it as it covers all the usual costs needed..

he was joined by my sons 2 , 6 months later when they emigrated.. they are about the same age , and so lucky all very quickly became friends and now play and sleep together, now have a black, a white and a ginger one.. all toms..

yes Inge that is why we went for the black girl - as i wanted one of each and when they said all the black ones get left behind - that made my mind up -can't understand why noone wants them - they were really chuffed we took a black one and she is a little dear

• Like 1

originally i was going to foster an older one and see how we got on but decided to go for kittens as apparently better with older cats in the home - we are going to have the chair come in to preschool with some animals and get some donations to help the RSPCA

Black cats are considered unlucky.. so are often the last to be adopted... ours certainly chose us ... and was one of the longest residents in the rescue centre..he wasd there 9 months so a bit used to a kennel... he even now sleeps lots in a cat carrier.. as he feels comfortable in there..

the other two are maniacs.. but all need to be together now..

I have had lots of cats over the years.. and all tend to get on eventually.. one always ends up as the boss.. others defer to them.. and it is not always the one you expect..

We had one while my son was young that his mates would knock on the door and ask if 'Lady' was in..if she was they wanted to know where and could they see our son and avoid her... she was a bit feral and attacked them when they came in!

• Like 1