Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graham Stuart to come on forum to answer our questions

Guest sn0wdr0p

Guest sn0wdr0p

Graham Stuart's advisor has now contacted me and suggested the afternoon of 16th July to come and answer our questions.

So who does he need to contact to get on the forum for the afternoon please? Is it a good time or is there a better time period when more forum members are active?

Now is the time to start formulating our questions and hopefully get some proper answers.

I think the best thing would be for you to pm our Keydude Steve and sort it out with him. If you don't know how to find him, go to the bottom of the Index page and click on Moderators and then clickon his name. You will then see a list of options which include sending him a pm. Mind you if he reads this he may well contact you ;-)

Sorry snowdrop, I should have answered your pm regarding this but I'm afraid I've been a bit snowed under and haven't had a chance to contact his PA about a date.

However, I think a few things need to be discussed first, and I'd be happy to see them discussed here. How do you/he see this working? A forum topic is one way to do it, but it can get a bit anarchic if a lot of people jump in in real time and he could end up just having to try to answer a whole bunch of questions simultanaeously. A moderated chatroom discussion is another way of achieving this, but that would take a bit of setting up. Can I ask how you had envisaged it working?

Could we submit questions and narrow them down to cover the key points then when he comes onto the forum he'll know what we want answers to? If a selected number of people pose the questions everyone else can pm them with any points they'd like clarified or expanded on.

Guest sn0wdr0p

I suppose if we submit questions then those who cannot actually get online at the time can still have the opportunity to pose questions. I had thought about the chatroom but the same concerns came to mind.

I am sure more members will have ideas later today.

Is there a better time Steve as it is only a date he suggested today? Is there a more popular time? Sorry to give you more work.

OK, Steve's pretty snowed under at the moment so I'll help with this.

1) This needs to be tightly planned, otherwise it'll be a free for all, and the conversation won't make any sense!

2) At this stage, we don't know how long he has available, so how about drawing up a list here of the questions people need answers to, and as Rea says, narrow them down. Do we want to present these questions to him beforehand, or on the day?

3) Rea has a good idea about a very limited number of members posing the questions, and then members making PMs to them if they want further clarification. Who is available on the afternoon of July 16th? What do our lovely mdoerators think? :D

My diary is clear on 16th July, so I can be on hand to help with whatever is needed to be done. :1b

It is a shame that he has suggested a day during term time, however if this is the only day he can do then I guess we're stuck with it.

I think whittling down the questions that we want to ask is a good way to go: we need to decide what the really important issues are to target our fire on the big issues that we are most concerned about.

• Like 1

The date/time are by no means fixed. snowdrop has given us contact details to arrange this with Graham's adviser/assistant and the date was suggested as convenient to him, but if the consensus is that pushing it out of term time would make it easier for FSF members then Helen can suggest a new date.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am afraid that I have been off the forum this last week or so and have only just returned.

What is the current state of play with regard to this 'Open Mike' event with Graham Stuart? Who is collating all of the questions and when can we expect the event to take place?

Thanks

The last I heard Ratatat, Helen was trying to contact him to organise an alternative date when more people will be available. Rea started a thread for us to put our questions into, I think.

Guest sn0wdr0p

I passed the phone number on to Helen as she was having some problems contacting his assistant via email. Yes Rea has started a thread for questions and I'm sure more and more questions are coming into our heads with each document the govt releases so please add them to that thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)