Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

CRBs will be easier, new DBS service

urm am i missing something here ?.....surely this is going to cost us more unless we are expecting our employees to pay for the updates it will cost us £13 per employee per year to do a declaration which i do (less acurately obviously) on paper each year for nothing........confused.com!

I don't think you have to update yearly. If you need a crb for scouts and already have one for nursery, instead of getting a new one you can use the existing one if you pay to have it checked. In our case Birmingham council want all providers to renew crbs every 3 years but we would gave to pay around £40 each, this will be cheaper :)

I think this is going to apply more to new employees who will probably now be expected to pay for their own checks and subscribe to the updating service as DBS certs are now "portable" and can be used for different organisations. Any existing staff will just carry on as before, signing something to confirm nothing has changed from their previous CRB. Unless, of course, your County may have a different policy ......

I was cleared by Social Services in the day when they did inspections. Every time Ofsted come I ask, should I be getting one? And they always say no. I did have one to work with brownies, but that was a good long while back, when they were just being launched!

I'm not the only one on here without one!

• Like 1

I was cleared by Social Services in the day when they did inspections. Every time Ofsted come I ask, should I be getting one? And they always say no. I did have one to work with brownies, but that was a good long while back, when they were just being launched!

I'm not the only one on here without one!

Are you looking in my direction by any chance Miss? :blink: xD :rolleyes:

• Like 1

hee, hee another one here without one HOWEVER I do have a lovely laminated 'FIT PERSON' letter (also issued by SS back in the day) Along with 4 of my staff- in fact out of 8 of us only three of them have CRB's. One of my staff started life with us as a committee member, so Ofsted CRB'd her, then she started doing a L3 and volunteering with us so they said she had to be done again, another CRB. Then last year she started working for us (during all this time she was also childminding so was CRB'd for that as well) when we offered her the job I emailed Ofsted and told them all the above and said did she really need yet another CRB (bearing in mind that there had been no break in any of this as she had carried on volunteering after finishing her course) Of course she had to be done- they said and then proceeded to explain how I should be wary of employing people who are constantly changing jobs!! So we did her again, she now has three disclosures relating to us all within about 4 years.

Hopefully this will stop this sort of crazy situation - however I'm sure if we get another 20 something year old Ofsted inspector again - she will look at me as though I am nuts and refuse to believe me when I say we used to be governed by Social services and say she isn't sure that we can run without CRB's!!

• Like 1