Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

News, good news :)

Rea

Nick Clegg: "The proposals to increase ratios were put out to consultation and were roundly criticised by parents, providers and experts alike. Most importantly, there is no real evidence that increasing ratios will reduce the cost of childcare for families. I cannot ask parents to accept such a controversial change with no real guarantee it will save them money - in fact it could cost them more. I have concluded that, because it will not reduce costs for parents or increase the quality of childcare, the proposed ratio changes for pre-school children cannot proceed."

• Like 8

is there an election due??!

Great news!!!! - nice to have our voices heard - and quite an open response

I think Ms Truss should resign, its not good enough trying to bring in changes based on personal choice, research based changes only!

• Like 2

Understand ( to an extent) the celebrations, but personally I must give a massive round of applause to those of us working 1:13 all the time already and doing an amazing job for all children. There have been some really thoughtless remarks about poor standards and lack of care.

Don't knock it if you've never done it ( and done it well!)and loved every ( well almost every) moment!!!

I doubt anyone is knocking it madmum. My personal stance was that lowering ratios wouldn't improve quality (even with a graduate) and it certainly wouldn't lower fees or raise staff wages! I don't think 1:13 is right either for such young children, I'm always very glad I kept my children at playgroup with lots of 'aunties' :)

• Like 2

Understand ( to an extent) the celebrations, but personally I must give a massive round of applause to those of us working 1:13 all the time already and doing an amazing job for all children. There have been some really thoughtless remarks about poor standards and lack of care.

Don't knock it if you've never done it ( and done it well!)and loved every ( well almost every) moment!!!

I'm sorry if you have been personally offended by any posts - but 'thoughtless' - no sorry, can't accept that.

I doubt anyone is knocking it madmum. My personal stance was that lowering ratios wouldn't improve quality (even with a graduate) and it certainly wouldn't lower fees or raise staff wages! I don't think 1:13 is right either for such young children, I'm always very glad I kept my children at playgroup with lots of 'aunties' :)

I fully agree Rea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)