Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observer article on new ratios: 28/4/2013

Steve

Hi all -

Here's another article on recent proposals to change ratios, from Toby Helm and Yvonne Roberts in the Observer.

They're coming thick and fast at the moment aren't they? Might be best to collect them into one article. In the article they mention this Government e-petition by the Pre-School Learning Alliance's Neil Leitch. As I'm sure you know, if it gets 100,000 signatures it will force a debate.

Oh she really has stirred things up now...everyone knows Mothers (and fathers ^_^ ) will fight to protect their children! And why did she decide to compare us to France? the Uk is not renowned for it's tolerance to this EU nation! Is she being set up to fail i wonder? Her advisors have certainly got something wrong here me thinks!

There are three links to relevant articles mentioned in the one given from Steve they make for interesting (and sometimes) amusing reading! The article written about French nurseries in London says that indeed groups of up to 26 children are taught by a teacher.....but all the assistants are only there to wipe bottoms and put out pens.

Interestingly i was with a group of French teachers (those from france not teaching french!!) on Friday. All of them said that they preferred the English system and that parents in France are not at all happy with the way their nurseries are being run at present......humm!

I also see from the links on this article that when asked about the nurseries she had visited in question time ...Truss had visited 6 all rated as good....bet they're keeping quiet right now :ph34r: :blink: :D

I think I have signed this petition just now, but it says it closed on 27/2/2013

There is another one started by Penny Webb which has a lot more signatures

Really? Just posted a link to I on Facebook. I have lready signed it, so probably can't go back into it to verify that. Where is the other one?

Yes, it was only started yesterday Pimms, and I think it's an automatic 1 year closing date.

Edit: actually I'm wrong about that, it was started beginning of March I think...

• Like 1

Yes, it was only started yesterday Pimms, and I think it's an automatic 1 year closing date.

Edit: actually I'm wrong about that, it was started beginning of March I think...

I know I need my eyes tested, so here is the proof, but I do hope it is all sorted out well before the year is up I don't think I can put up with the stupid woman and her notions for as long as that. :angry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a brilliant blog out today by Penny Webb (Childminder) about Agencies: http://pennysplacechildminding.com/2013/05/10/if-i-joined-a-childminding-agency-some-self-reflection-on-the-idea/

food for thought!!

also don't forget www.togetherforquality.com for ALL providers and parents and those concerned with the future of childcare - it has links to petitions, news, research, articles, comments and backing from sector experts and organisations, sample letters to MP's, response's from MP's and lots and lots more (find us on facebook 'One Voice Together for Quality' as well )

Did anyone listen to The Wright Stuff this morning or Newsnight last night and other recent media?

Please spread the word colleague

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)