Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Payroll

I use Moneysoft and they are flipping marvellous! Held my hand, so to speak, with the steep learning curve of SSP. They are ready for RTI and inland revenue endorse them. The licence for a small group is well worth it as it does loads of things. I old be lost without it! They have a Facebook group if you want to quiz them. But I can't recommend them highly enough!

• Like 1

I'm about to start using a new system as my old was not rti complaint. I'm moving to able internet payroll or payroo (both very similar, one is low cost, one is free so need to just double check which is most suitaable for my setting).

Flipping pain in the neck to have to change.....just think of all the initial data setup...hours of work for us "lucky" enough to prepare the payroll!!

i've used payroo for years. No problems. End of year of easy, I think if over 8 staff you pay about £40 -£50 for the end of year but well worth it just to click a button. I knew nothing about Payroll before doing it and have had to learn whilst doing it.

Not sure I would be able to cope with student loans, car allowance etc, but not sure that this applies to many pre-schools.

Just watch your SSP though, staff are entitled to £85 pw if they earn over £107 p/w (although this amount doesn't attract NI contributions) Payroo does work it out for you if you input all the data.

• Like 1

We have a payroll person to, but I do payroll for our own business and the hmrc site lists a few free affiliated companies you can use, and should be less hassle with no end of year needed, but haven't decided which to use yet, think a couple of the already mentioned are on the list.

Just looked payroo and IRIS both on there with links and free.

Edited by mouse63

• 1 month later...