Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you put in room 101?

zigzag

well I ask for my Christian name to be used, no issue with that, but they tend to call me mrs xxx until confident as they find pronouncing it from written not easy and don't want to offend with the wrong one!!)

And out of interest, how do you pronounce your name, Inge?

That's a really interesting question Maz. Inge's been around since 2004 and I've always pronounced her name in a certain way in my head. I'd be interested to know if I'm right or wrong. Inge? (said Steve's way...)

Hmmmm - now I 'say it in my head' as 'Hinge' without the 'H' .........however I suspect this is not even close! :blink: xD :lol: xD

• Like 1

And out of interest, how do you pronounce your name, Inge?

Fair question...

I say it as Inn-ger. Inge maybe we should open a book on the pronunciation?

Close... silent the g a bit...

Hmmmm - now I 'say it in my head' as 'Hinge' without the 'H' .........however I suspect this is not even close! :blink: xD :lol: xD

no where near close but the common mistake...

me too....now I really want to find out if it's inge as in hinge or inge as in singer, or inge is in inj...ury

closest but lots of guesses!

closest is as in singer.. remove the s.... if I spell in Inger more people are able to pronounce it... and it is always misspelt as Inga by those who hear it but not see it written down...

as you can imagine I know how it feels to have an unusual name... for this country anyway... and because we never mad any issue of all the misspelling or mispronunciation it has never bothered me .. and I have been very glad to have a name seldom replicated.

Edited by Inge
  • Like 1

got to get our tongues round 2 tricky names this term - Daithi and Odharnait, I got parents to write them phonetically and we practised until we were confident, by the way I have been pronouncing Inge as in singer so a pat on the back to me too

Edited by max321

Our new marble run that no one can build (including the adults).

The parents that arrive 15 minutes before we open and stand in the hallway and allow their children to run riot and rattle the door when we are setting up or just trying to have a staff discussion in peace!!

My snoring husband!!

My snappy grumpy teenager.

The constant rain that is drowing us all in Cornwall!!

cowards: those who stand back and watch bad things happen to vulnerable people, especially children and don't have the cojones to stand up and do something about it.

I was guilty of that during the snow...I drove past an old man with two walking sticks and a shopping bag, struggling to walk in the snow and ice, he was walking in the road to avoid the pavement. To my shame I didnt stop, just drove home. I could so easily have given him the opportunity of a lift but I stood back or rather drove on. Ashamed of myself :(

The One Show......ughhhhhhh shoot me!!!!!

Tickly coughs

Waiting for something to download

Festival toilets

No seats on an hour long train ride

Housework!!!!!!!!!!!! :mellow:

Guest sn0wdr0p

My parents used to have some friends in Sweden - Stig and Inge - and everytime I see a post from you Inge I think of them and it makes me smile. I wanted to call my daughter Inge but sadly with three boys I never got the opportunity.

P.S. really agree about the One Show

Christmas lights (with the removable bulbs) - you test them they work; you wrap them round the tree, decorate - beautiful; you get up the next day - NOTHING!! Grrrr

God bless the modern day LED's!

For the record, that's how I pronounce Inge, Inge!

Top of my list for Room 101 would be people who go to acoustic gigs and talk loudly through every act. :angry:

But then probably top of their list would be people who go to acoustic gigs and sing along to every song. I'm sorry about that, but I'm really only trying to drown out your dreadful voices! :P

Parents and teachers ( or anyone else) who constantly tells a child they are 'stupid', leaving them to a life where they believe they really CAN'T do anything much. BUt hooray or those who are 'late bloomers' and go on to get a university degree ( 2:1) in their late 50's and have gained a maths GCSE in the midst of it. Not thinking of anyone in particular, mind! :rolleyes:

• Like 2