Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow day!

I went into work this morning but then it was decided that school and therefore nursery would shut.

So by 9am I was home. Now I am deep into catching up with learning journeys and paperwork.

I wondered if you are saving a snow day, what are you doing?

Edited by Scarlettangel
  • Like 1

Our local school is open... they said on their website that the children will be out on the field to play so make sure they have suitable clothes..Most of the others in the area are closed though..

me been snow clearing our path.. hubby has recently has a broken foot so need to ensure he can get around safely! and I refuse to drive anywhere in this today so we are stay at home with log fire...

Am in work. 3 children and all 5 staff made it in. Had a wonderful snow fight, hot chocolate and now they are finishing in a minute i am heading home for a cider and a dunk in the hot tub. good times

Edited by max321

I have been to work - snow held off here until closing time - phew! :1b

Mr S made the (sensible) decision not to go to work today - he should have been in London.......so instead he has been busy sawing wood for the log-burner! :1b

Wonder what the weekend will bring :blink: the selfish part of me is thinking 'well I'm home now and I have no plans to go anywhere until Monday morning' :1b

Enjoy your snow day if you are having one! :D

• Like 2

:angry: No snow day for me I am afraid, all we have here is rain, rain and more rain :angry: I am so envious of you all having fun with the children in the snow...I wanna play!! Have fun, keep warm and stay safe.

Oh - I thought about you and wished you lots of snow this morning.........

• Like 1

Our schools were all open but its come down really heavy during the day. All main roads are gridlocked and the snow is still falling!

Hope it clears for monday! Our setting is half an hour away and on a quiet country road that gets hardly any traffic so its like an ice rink!

everything esle in our village closed: school, after school club and the other preschool. WE were in work for 7.45, just in case. Had two phone calls to say children weren't coming, no-one else bothered. So, a bit of spring cleaning until lunc time then home to a fabulous beef casserole prepared by hubby. Yummmy...........then a nice long nap on the sofa!!!

• Like 2

well we had a lovely time at nursery today in the snow but DS (9) came home and said that they werent even allowed out at play time even though they all had boots etc at big school. Makes me mad that we make such an effort to make early years so enjoyable for the little ones then it all goes out of the window when they go to school. Such a shame to be stuck in a classroom all day!!.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)