Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

11 more sleeps!

sunnyday

:o Just had an email from ELC telling me that there are only 11 more sleeps 'til Christmas :ph34r: well really do they think this is helpful xD

I am going to have to get my act together very rapidly then! :blink: xD

Psssst is it very bad to be thinking 'phew thank goodness the mother-in-law is not coming here this year, no need for any in depth cleaning then' :ph34r:xD :lol: xD :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Yes it is very bad. The effort that poor woman went to to give you the hubby of your dreams and you cant even clean behind the fridge for her!

I havent got my tree, or even thought about exactly where the decorations are. I havent posted any cards so no doubt they'll be late and that part of the family who are always organised down to the sprinkles they put in their cards wont be amused!

I've done some shopping at last. Last week me and hubby went into town to shop but only managed to buy beer so went home on the bus a little squiffy. There are more lovely little pubs in my city than I ever knew! :blink: xD

I've got one more sleep before the Hobbit, so excited!! :D ::1a

• Like 4

Yes it is very bad. The effort that poor woman went to to give you the hubby of your dreams and you cant even clean behind the fridge for her!

Yes, you're right - am hanging my in head in shame (not!)........

Hmmmm - have I ever cleaned behind the fridge? :ph34r: Must have done at some point - certainly can't remember when! xD :lol: xD

• Like 3

I am very ashamed to say, that my big american fridge stopped working because of cat fluff sucked up at the back! Felt very embarrassed when the little man showed it all to me! Have made note to self to at least try to get round the back of the fridge once in a while and have moved the cat basket well away from the fridge.

• Like 1

I am very ashamed to say, that my big american fridge stopped working because of cat fluff sucked up at the back! Felt very embarrassed when the little man showed it all to me! Have made note to self to at least try to get round the back of the fridge once in a while and have moved the cat basket well away from the fridge.

:o :o :oxD :lol: xD

I'm hopefully moving house on Wednesday. So I've wrote no cards yet or got Hubby any Christmas presents as packing up the house we have lived in for the last 13 years with 3 girls, we have got a lot of stuff and rubbish that needs to be moved. Planning to do shopping online tomorrow and I'll hopefully take Wednesday & Thursday off work. Once we have moved then I will start to get excited about Christmas.

Guest sn0wdr0p

Hubby told me last week that the inlaws were coming and today that the newly divorced brother in law was coming as well. At present I have no bathroom just an empty shell and we are sharing our very very small ensuite with our three boys ( who all need to 'go' at the same time). My gosh my husband is going to have a very very busy week finishing the bathroom because I don't really want everyone traipsing through our bedroom. (Well he does deserve punishing for letting them come). I would normally be fine with it but had some health problems recently so running really behind. I hope to finally get the tree up tomorrow but behind the fridge will have to wait- its what's lurking in the back of the fridge I dread finding.

I'm hopefully moving house on Wednesday. So I've wrote no cards yet or got Hubby any Christmas presents as packing up the house we have lived in for the last 13 years with 3 girls, we have got a lot of stuff and rubbish that needs to be moved. Planning to do shopping online tomorrow and I'll hopefully take Wednesday & Thursday off work. Once we have moved then I will start to get excited about Christmas.

Good luck with the move Miacat! :1b

Sunnyday, in past years I've avoided the crowds by shopping at 3am. Very chilled time to go :)

:o :blink: :blink: :blink: xD :lol: xD :blink:

Crikey - I'm sure that's a good tip - but, no, Mr S is coming with me today - this is in part 'punishment' for ordering the 'ostrich' sized turkey!!! xD

I may end up on the 3am trip this year... hubby broke his foot, so off his feet, I have been his taxi to work last week for him and his next appointment is 24th.. brilliant timing.. will be chasing round butchers and farm shop around his appointment, collecting sister in law on same day who is staying with us..

anyone staying here though accepts that they come to see us not the floor behind the fridge, or other corners that may have stuff lurking in them..

oh and to top it all, hubby has a stinking cold starting which I think I have too... the hot flushes have got much worse overnight.. so sure it is a cold too!

I may end up on the 3am trip this year... hubby broke his foot, so off his feet, I have been his taxi to work last week for him and his next appointment is 24th.. brilliant timing.. will be chasing round butchers and farm shop around his appointment, collecting sister in law on same day who is staying with us..

anyone staying here though accepts that they come to see us not the floor behind the fridge, or other corners that may have stuff lurking in them..

oh and to top it all, hubby has a stinking cold starting which I think I have too... the hot flushes have got much worse overnight.. so sure it is a cold too!

Sending good wishes! :1b

The house got cleaned before the tree and trimmings went up last weekend and will get a minimal spruce up when I finish work on the 21st...if (IF !!) I've finished the shopping by then. The local mall is open until midnight from tomorrow so I'll start at 10pm. I find it really focuses my mind when I know I have 2 hours to get it sorted.... it's like an SAS campaign - in, buy, out :ph34r: and home for a glass of celebratory wine.

As for Christmas Day, I have no family or outlaws coming this year xD so the dress code is pj's or tracksuits and we're fast becoming a refuge for waifs and strays and/or a drop in centre for those visiting us as an excuse to escape their own outlaws for half an hour !!

Merry Christmas ;)

Nona

Guest sn0wdr0p

I get up at 4am on Christmas Eve to avoid the crowds and queues plus I take insulated picnic bags - just in case. However, I do find sometimes that the shelves have not been restacked so often are short of double cream etc so I pop to the local co-op for them later in the day.

My husband comes along as well and we leave the boys at home sleeping-it's hell if the two youngest come shopping with us. Then back home and back to bed. Lie in then probably will still have the cake to ice.