Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

snow has arrived for some

lashes2508

woke up to find only a few inches of snow and yet the chaos has started !! took over an hour for kids to get to school only to be sent home yet no notification on website or radio - they have just walked home !! fortunately preschool is open this afternoon as i live across road from it ! have you had snowfalll yet in your area??

Just a little scattering lashes, but nothing settled. I went up on the downs to walk the dog this morning and a horse trainer shouted "There's snow on the way, it's already falling in Braintree (Essex). Don't go too far!". By the time I got home it was snowing. :1b

• Like 1

No snow but between hubby removing the frost cover from my car and me setting off for the school run 35 minutes later all the windows iced up and I HATE scraping ice :( ...... as much as I dislike little ones being dropped off to me, by parents in warm cars, with no hats and mittens for the school run ....... it was -1 on the playground :blink: and all my spare hats, scarves and gloves have been borrowed and not brought back so that's another reminder and/or trip to the charity shop to re-stock.

Nona

No snow here, thank goodness. At least I dont have to leave the house anymore, but I worry about oldest son who has only been driving for a week., Those snowy and icy days when I had to take father-in-law his meals were awful! :o

Nona, make sure you buy really hideous stuff parents wont want to keep! :rolleyes:

Edited by Rea
  • Like 1

Update on that 'we're alright up North' quip...flaming carnage out there now. Piano lesson run from hell - people being cut out of cars, shunts, abandoned cars and super-nervous-nellies crawling around at less than 10mph for two flaming miles when I have to pick my flaming kid up!!! Kept the road rage under control.

H

• Like 2

Update on that 'we're alright up North' quip...flaming carnage out there now. Piano lesson run from hell - people being cut out of cars, shunts, abandoned cars and super-nervous-nellies crawling around at less than 10mph for two flaming miles when I have to pick my flaming kid up!!! Kept the road rage under control.

H

:o :o :o :blink: :blink: :blink: xD :lol: xD Glad you are home safe HoneyP :1b

• Like 1

Absolute nightmare took me two and a half hours to drive 26 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Essex County Council messed up big time, no gritting done :ph34r: I drove up and down a hill on sheet ice, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

:o :o :o horrible - what a nightmare - glad that you finally got home in one piece! :1b

Nothing falling from the sky here today (yet :ph34r: )

But it is fffffffffffffffffffff flippin' freezin' :ph34r: :blink:

Started my car on the drive this morning - that had no effect at all - so sprayed with de-icer -came back indoors to gather together the enormous amount of baggage that I seem to 'need' to transport back and forth each day - when I got outside again - car was completely frozen once more :o:ph34r: grrrrrrrrr xD

Never sure about the accuracy of these devices but the in car thermometer was flashing at -3 (8:15) when I left work at 12:30 it had risen to 1 degree.......roll on spring! :rolleyes: xD

Extremely cold here - frosty - just starting to rain...........

If there's snow in the morning I'll cry, got to do mum's shopping and last time it was bad I fell and broke my foot :o. The one I had just had the plaster removed from after a bunion op! :(

Woke up to a dusting of snow yesterday kept the car at home.

Tried to get the car down to work this morning only to find the windscreen would not unfreeze and the handbrake was frozen on. A quick taxi ride down to work.

We have had first snow at lunch time for a couple of hours. Had a short break and its been snowing here since around 4pm sleet first then followed by heavy wet snow. Maybe walking to work in the morning on icy paths, depending on if buses are running.

Very cold here, windy too. 1am this morning there was sleet but thankfully no sign of it this morning.

I keep hearing people say its going to be a really bad winter and that just makes me want to cry, I hate snow.

• Like 2

A Forum weather page now there's an idea!

Oh I really like that idea - I am (in case you hadn't noticed) fairly obsessed with weather conditions! :rolleyes:

Absolutely foul here today........snowed for 3 hours this morning - but didn't 'lay' and then just as we were preparing to come home the snow turned to heavy rain and it's blowing an absolute hoolie too :(

Very cold here, windy too. 1am this morning there was sleet but thankfully no sign of it this morning.

I keep hearing people say its going to be a really bad winter and that just makes me want to cry, I hate snow.

Me too! (obviously....)

Me too, I check the weather first thing every morning. I do think that looking out of the window is the best way of deciding what the weather will be like. So yes it is interesting to hear on here what the weather is doing aound the county.

I broke my leg on wet grass on a slight slope in a garden, and I am still very wary of walking on slippery slopes. The sound of that crack stays with me! So I fully understand how you must feel about snow SueR.

• Like 1