Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oftsed tomorrow!

laura

I volunteered to help at our Reception open day tomorrow as I teach in Reception one day a week. I arrived to collect my daughter this evening to be told Ofsted are in tomorrow! Oh how joyful, I have never been there for a school inspection before, I've always been on Maternity leave! I'm told I'm doing outdoor activities.... I'm hoping if it's raining they won't want to follow me out there ;)

The only bonus is I have been teaching PE to year 4 on Wednesday afternoons but the timetable changed this week so I should be starting 1:1 year 6 tuition but as nothing has been sorted I'll just be supporting year 6 science as a TA/Mummy helper!

Very wet here all day too! yes our inspector did come outside, he was lovely, very understanding about all the new changes, we are very happy with our result in the foundation stage. Think the staff can breathe a sigh of relief that they won't be in there tomorrow, they are concentrating on year 2 and 3. I ended up supporting a year 1 class in the afternoon, i had 2 minutes to read the history plan and then took half the class out to do some drama based on history, to have the head of the inspectors come past and sit down and watch me. I'm just glad i knew the children's names from having some of them last year. I'm back in my nursery tomorrow so will have to wait to find out the results when I do the school run :)

• Like 1

Glad you had good result in FS, hope the rest of your school do well too! It is a horrid time we are waiting for our call any day now- just wish they would come and we can get it over with before Christmas!!

Slightly confused!! Didn't think EYFS got it's own outcome in a whole school inspection ( since January!) - we certaily didn't last week! They came into nursery and reception across the 2 days, as well as covering all up to Y6 between 2 of them.

They don't, but if they are happy with what they see they will be sharing their findings as they go along. The focus on year 2 and 3 may be an inspection trail linked to ensuring children continue to make progress as they enter KS2. There is no separate grade result for EYFS though.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)