Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Mail article

Panders

Did anyone else see this today? Page 17 Richard Littlejohn. "For generations, children have been making models out of used cardboard toilet roll tubes - sausage dogs, giraffes, that sort of thing. That was before elf'n' safety got in on the act. A number of readers have writteen to inform me that Ofsted has ordered that all toilet roll tubes now have to be microwaved for a minimum of ten secords to eliminate germs."

We don't use toilet rolls anyway, haven't for years. That being said does anybody know that Ofsted really have made this order? Years ago I remember being told that toilet rolls could be used if they had been microwaved when I was training.

Didn't the partner of one of our members say that microwaving didn't do anything? This would be a few years ago. I don't recall seeing it as a myth on the H&S site either but they tend to tell you to use common sense.

HSE egg boxes and toilet rolls

it is a myth that blasting anything in the microwave removes any germs or does anything good to them... it does nothing useful at all. I do remember finding an article on it somewhere, and a long discussion on here about it..

as to Ofsted...until I see it in writing from them would also think it to be a bit of a comment made by one person getting out of hand..

(PS Rea you posted this on the addicts FB page)

Edited by Inge

What I can never really get to grips with for this one, is if there are germs on toilet rolls, they presumably come from the toilet or using it. Who in their right mind would then put the said 'dirty' toilet roll in their microwave!!!

xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: I love it! Well said Beehive!

Panders - I haven't seen the article........

Hmmm......has anyone checked this with Ofsted? Is there some new 'directive' anywhere on their site? I know what you're thinking 'why doesn't she go have a look herself'!!! Answer - cos I really can't be bothered! :ph34r: :blink: xD

Anyway - don't use loo rolls - have never 'fancied it' myself :blink: but I use egg boxes all the time - mostly for sorting and counting activities - they are fab and did you know Tesco sell eggs in tens - how considerate of them! :1b

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

Anyway - don't use loo rolls - have never 'fancied it' myself :blink: but I use egg boxes all the time - mostly for sorting and counting activities - they are fab and did you know Tesco sell eggs in tens - how considerate of them! :1b

Really? Not spotted them - am now fighting an urge to go shopping (24 hour Tesco not always a good thing) and hunt up lots of egg based recipes!

• Like 2