Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How to help others develop their practice

Ohww..... can I join in?

Can I be 'miss airy- fairy' with all her new fangled hippy ideas that she 'read of some internet thingy' please?

Seriously though - I have found that if I can 'turn-it-about'.. and make people think it's their idea it helps.

xx

• Like 2

Sounds more like the audition sheet for Snow White to me

We could add more if you like and then change the names in the Night Before Christmas.

Now Ranty, Now Naggy, Now Bossy and Bolshy.

On Pushypullups, On...3 more please :D

• Like 1

Fabulous jamandbread - made me laugh out loud xD

Sorry Upsy this is all getting quite out of hand now :blink: can't think who started all this nonsense :rolleyes:

I can, she did it miss!

I try that one really hard but it never seems to work. Maybe you can give me a lesson one day :D

Another one I do is contact my EYA for a chat [she's fanstastic] she then comes in and tells us we need to change x y or z ............... then everyone thinks it's a good idea cos the EYA told us xD :lol: .

xxx

• Like 1

Another one I do is contact my EYA for a chat [she's fanstastic] she then comes in and tells us we need to change x y or z ............... then everyone thinks it's a good idea cos the EYA told us xD :lol: .

xxx

Now that is good thinking Miss airy-fairy :1b

Oh and who tied poor Andy Pandy to a chair........this is quite disturbing news :ph34r:

Edited by sunnyday

A few things I want to change either gets blamed on Ofsted or SIP! If it's a pain the the neck stuff it's Ofsted, particularly if parents ask about changes they go away quite happily they may check up, but hey if you can't blame Ofsted for stuff who can you blame?

• Like 1

A few things I want to change either gets blamed on Ofsted or SIP! If it's a pain the the neck stuff it's Ofsted, particularly if parents ask about changes they go away quite happily they may check up, but hey if you can't blame Ofsted for stuff who can you blame?

Ah yes me too - we must have attended the same school of manipulation! xD

• Like 1

I have to say that when I ran the playgroup and found the committee or a staff member digging in their heels I would put the 'blame' on outside agencies such as advisor's or inspectors. "Yes, I know it's a pain but unfortunately we have to do it because [insert scapegoat here] told me ........."

Sometimes I would just smile and say, just humour me for now!

The one thing that I never did was lay down the law and force staff to do anything - I think all this does is make them dig in even deeper which makes change quite impossible.

• Like 1

The one thing that I never did was lay down the law and force staff to do anything - I think all this does is make them dig in even deeper which makes change quite impossible.

Absolutely! :1b

I have found too that 'taking the blame' even when the situation is clearly not my 'fault' usually leads to the desired result......e.g. "I'm sorry that I have to ask you to do blah, blah, blah again, completely my fault for not explaining it properly first time round, what can I do help you with this" - works a treat (gosh I hope my staff are not reading this :ph34r: ) xD :lol: xD

• Like 2

Can you see how sensible I'm trying to be today in dear Upsy's thread.........

My next 'top tip' :1b is what I call a **** sandwich.......

so a positive comment (top slice)

the message that you are desperately trying to get across (the 'poo' filling)

another very positive comment (bottom slice)

Works like a dream - parents, staff, husband ;) :1b

• Like 2

Great thread - have tried to answer twice but ran out of time. My first try suggested, 'Share', 'Model', 'Threaten'. As in, there is a new childminder at our school who leaves a full buggy in the school yard while going in to nursery to pick up her own child. We had a clarification from Ofsted recently regarding the common practice of asking another trusted childminder to mind the baby while we ducked into school to toilet a child/put something in the office etc. Ofsted clearly see it in a dim light. I 'Shared' this information with her the other week. I modelled a better way for her by 1. taking my baby inside with me, and 2. offering to bring her child out to her. My next move is to 'Threaten' by suggesting she speaks to another childminder who had an allegation made about her to find out how awful it is.

OF COURSE, I'm not going to go that far (or make a complaint) because I'm mainly annoyed because I haven't been listened to rather than the children being in actual danger (we're keeping an eye on them). So I'm going to keep modelling and being 'helpful'

Regarding being obliged to join FSF, Recently I have been encouraged by our Advisor to look at another 'free forum' since the funding for FSF ran out. A very different place that is. Full of flashing advertisements and chat about cars. I am thinking we should prepare for a serious depreciation of the importance of 'learning' in childcare in exchange for childcare as a means of getting more people of benefits. I think there are dark days ahead - keep shining your lantern.

Honey

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)