Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

bubble painting

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a foolproof recipe for bubble painting? Not having much success at the moment with the colour actually 'getting into the bubbles' so when the children press the paper on top really only getting ....er .... not a lot.

I have googled it and found many different suggestions including bubble mixture and ink, bubble mixture and poweder paint and then of course washing up liquid/ ready made paint or powder paint and water.

Fiddling around for ages with different quantities so thought I would ask you lovely people about which combinations you use and some idea of quantity/ration of ingredients

Sorry Gezabel, dont know quantities and ratios, just know, need strong colours of ready made paint and a little water and fairy liquid works well, I don't use huge containers either but I don't think that makes much difference. Dries better than it first looks too.

• Like 1

Alistair Bryce Clegg has a different slant on it in his 50 ways with paint where he makes the paint itself fizzy using ready mix paint and a little water, small shot glass size containers and then add an indigestion tablet. It then apparently makes a bubbly paint I can't say I've tried it but I will!

Alistair Bryce Clegg has a different slant on it in his 50 ways with paint where he makes the paint itself fizzy using ready mix paint and a little water, small shot glass size containers and then add an indigestion tablet. It then apparently makes a bubbly paint I can't say I've tried it but I will!

Ooooh sounds great - will be giving that a bash! :1b

Sounds good, certainly worthy of a go, but then I would miss that funny moment when a child sucks, rather than blows down the straw! - After all the explaining how to do it, showing them, reminding them to blow, trial blowing through the straw, blowing hair, pieces of paper etc., then when we get to the paint "e yuk" :P

• Like 2

the fun is the bubbles and making them rather than the end product of bubbles painted on paper..

also try using a bubble bath solution and ready made paint.. small paint pot on a tray... lots of lovely aromas as well as gazillions of bubbles..

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)